Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Quinton Jackson vs. Thiago Silva Targeted For UFC 130

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I'm really surprised no one is giving Silva a chance in this one. I could totally see him winning.

Post #16   1/8/11 10:16:02AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
If its Rampage that fought Evans then it goes to Thiago by KO. If its Rampage that fought Machida then its either a 1st Rnd KO or a UD for Rampage. Thiago will have to utilize leg kicks and have a gameplan similar to Forrest if he wants to beat Rampage on his A Team..... I mean A game

Post #17   1/8/11 11:52:00AM   

BigCountryFedor

Banned for Cheating

BigCountryFedor Avatar

Career:653-352
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
I would be just echoing what Pookie said so I also have Rampage by brutal KO in the first.

Post #18   1/8/11 3:28:49PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Pookie

Posted by sbulldavid

I don't know, I think Rampage has the edge inside, but Thiago brings power up straight up the middle like nobody else. Rampage has trouble when people hit him back, and he seems a lot slower with the straight stuff. I don't think Thiago has the type of speed to frustrate Rampage but Rampage is going to struggle against the straight forward aggression of Thiago. I think this goes to a decision, with Thiago winning the stand up and Rampage winning the grappling and dirty boxing. Split decision win for Rampage and everybody will say Thiago won.

See, i disagree with you there. Straight punchers like Liddell, Henderson, and Machida all struggled to land effective offense with their hands against Rampage.

idk that Liddell and/or Henderson are "Straight punchers"

Ive never seen them throw a hook! lol

Post #19   1/8/11 9:12:41PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Pookie

Posted by sbulldavid

I don't know, I think Rampage has the edge inside, but Thiago brings power up straight up the middle like nobody else. Rampage has trouble when people hit him back, and he seems a lot slower with the straight stuff. I don't think Thiago has the type of speed to frustrate Rampage but Rampage is going to struggle against the straight forward aggression of Thiago. I think this goes to a decision, with Thiago winning the stand up and Rampage winning the grappling and dirty boxing. Split decision win for Rampage and everybody will say Thiago won.

See, i disagree with you there. Straight punchers like Liddell, Henderson, and Machida all struggled to land effective offense with their hands against Rampage.

Although Chuck did have some mean straight punches he was also very fond of the looping hands

Post #20   1/8/11 9:34:34PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,826-1,047
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Pookie

Posted by sbulldavid

Hendo's KO of Wandy was a left hook. Both are known for their right hand haymakers.

Post #21   1/8/11 9:54:16PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Pookie

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Pookie

Posted by sbulldavid

Hendo's KO of Wandy was a left hook. Both are known for their right hand haymakers.

I dont know man, he threw that punch like a left cross. The arm isnt bent at all. I dont know man...

Last edited 1/8/11 10:21PM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   1/8/11 10:20:57PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Chuck threw everything side arm or three quarter, Thiago is much cleaner with his straight punches and his hooks are cleaner. Thiago will remember how to kick for this fight as well , because everybody knows that Rampage rarely checks kicks until he's hurt and by then he turns into a head hunter with no technique.

Rampages last three KO victims are Chuck, Wandy, and Marvin Eastman. All of those guys are known to wing punches or sling them and that is why Rampage was able to get inside for the knockouts. This is a very close fight even though we know what Rampage can do to a jaw.

Post #23   1/9/11 3:07:28AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Another sweet fight. Gotta go with Rampage by decision. Not for sure though cause Thiago definitely has the ability to finish him off and I wouldn't be surprised. So many entertaining close matches coming up in MMA.

Post #24   1/10/11 11:20:01AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2