Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rich Attonito To Drop To Welterweight

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
The next time he steps into the octagon, veteran 185-pounder Rich Attonito will be a little lighter. He said today that Welterweight is a better fight for him than Middleweight, and plans to drop to that class for his next fight. He said the decision was not made because of his recent loss to Dave Branch. "It was a horrible fight for me," he said. "I didn't make the adjustments I needed to make to put myself in a position to win. But after the loss, (I was) feeling I was going to give up height and reach and size with pretty much all the guys I fight. So it was the right time after the loss to make a move and get a fresh start." Attonito has yet to receive his next booking but hopes to fight alongside teammate Thiago Alves at an as-yet-unannounced UFC event planned for Memorial Day weekend in Las Vegas. Alves is expected to meet up-and-comer Rick Story.

Article

Post #1   1/6/11 9:20:17AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I thought he looked a little small for MW.

Post #2   1/6/11 12:38:43PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I thought he looked a little small for MW.

He'll look big @ WW.

Post #3   1/7/11 10:11:32PM