Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker expects his company to take a major step forward this year.

“I believe by the end of this year, we will be in the pay-per-view business,” he said Wednesday on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show.

The recently announced eight-man heavyweight tournament has a role in Coker’s strategy to hit pay-per-view. Showtime regularly airs the promotion’s cards, and two Strikeforce events have also been shown on CBS. Coker said the first round of the heavyweight tournament will air on Showtime, but he’s keeping his options open for the semifinals and finals.

“I think that the goal with this tournament is to eventually work its way into the pay-per-view business,” Coker said.

LINK

Post #1   1/5/11 11:01:00PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:
I'd hate to have to buy two separate PPVs.

Post #2   1/5/11 11:05:15PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I said it before and I'll say it again... if this were a one night tourney, I would buy the PPV real quick. I can't imagine anything else they could put together that I would be interested in paying to watch.

Post #3   1/6/11 12:00:13AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Haha I dont even buy UFC PPV's, like I'm going to buy a SF PPV when they sometimes can't even put on a decent main card.

Post #4   1/6/11 1:43:35AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by FastKnockout

I said it before and I'll say it again... if this were a one night tourney, I would buy the PPV real quick. I can't imagine anything else they could put together that I would be interested in paying to watch.

based on their past shows I'd hate to buy 1 strikeforce PPV.

Post #5   1/6/11 2:14:27AM   

zstajerski

Learning to Sprawl

zstajerski Avatar

Career:686-478
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
WTF??
Most (not all) strikeforce events are WAYYYYYYY betetr than UFC events ;)
Dont you guys like to be entertained? or do most ppl like decisions?

I love exciting fights, therewfore I love Strikeforce, and if It would be available, where I live. I would buy EVERY Strikeforce PPV!

Most UFcs turn out to be boring hugfests or mediocer stand up fights with half the agression u see in Strikeforce, or dream, or Bellator, etc...

Post #6   1/6/11 8:06:27AM   

Kugel

MMA Regular

Kugel Avatar

Career:1,508-890
Chips:
I will never purchase a Strikeforce PPV. UFC is working the opposite way, and is superior in almost all aspects. Don't get me wrong, Strikeforce has had some good cards, but Coker is trying to move backward which makes no sense.

Post #7   1/6/11 11:14:56AM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,399
Chips:

Posted by zstajerski

WTF??
Most (not all) strikeforce events are WAYYYYYYY betetr than UFC events ;)
Dont you guys like to be entertained? or do most ppl like decisions?

I love exciting fights, therewfore I love Strikeforce, and if It would be available, where I live. I would buy EVERY Strikeforce PPV!

Most UFcs turn out to be boring hugfests or mediocer stand up fights with half the agression u see in Strikeforce, or dream, or Bellator, etc...

More exciting? Maybe. But if you want to see the best fight the best on a consistent basis, the ufc is where its at. Theres a reason SF appears more exciting, most of their match-ups are grossly lop-sided in favour of one fighter, providing brutal finishes.

And Bellator? Clearly you've never seen Cole Konrad or Ben Askren fight.

Post #8   1/6/11 11:51:05AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Believe me ufc will counter with free spike event or pay per view of there own on same night

Post #9   1/6/11 12:50:35PM