Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Coach Says Chris Leben Was Vomiting Before Bout With Brian Stann

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
First, great job by Brian Stann. He never looked better. Many have commented that Chris was very slow and looked off last night. The truth is that Chris was sick. He had a fever and chills when he stepped into the cage. He was vomiting in the lockeroom before the fight, and after a hard warm up he didn't have a drop of sweat. Big heart to fight like that, but he was moving slow motion. He was very sharp in training. He will be back.

LINK

Post #1   1/3/11 4:03:29AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Chips:
And before people start to flame and call this an excuse, the quote continues on to say:

My post was clear to many, but for the others, allow me to elucidate.
1. people were wondering why Chris looked slow and "off". I provided them with the reason.
2. I did nit say that this was the reason for the loss. Stann was amazing and may have won anyway. Good job by Brian.
3. If I had said "chris lost because he was sick", that would have been an excuse and would have been unwarranted.

Chris is banged up, still battling the flu, but is in good spirits. Thanks for the support

Post #2   1/3/11 4:04:38AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

And before people start to flame and call this an excuse, the quote continues on to say:

No worries...people are still going to flame regardless. This is MMA, where fans overreact to anything and everything.

Post #3   1/3/11 8:37:01AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

No worries...people are still going to flame regardless. This is MMA, where fans overreact to anything and everything.

Dude, it's not like puking makes you weak, dehydrated or the least bit lethargic.

Post #4   1/3/11 9:09:56AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,788-1,528
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
ahahahhaha I feel a post like the one your making takes away from the great job Stann did thats why you will catch static for this post......Instead of ur post being about how great Stann looked its about how Leben didnt look like himself. With that being said I understand why people think its an excuse.

Post #5   1/3/11 11:08:48AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

1. people were wondering why Chris looked slow and "off". I provided them with the reason.
2. I did nit say that this was the reason for the loss. Stann was amazing and may have won anyway. Good job by Brian.
3. If I had said "chris lost because he was sick", that would have been an excuse and would have been unwarranted.

Chris is banged up, still battling the flu, but is in good spirits. Thanks for the support

dude, this isnt sherdog...you should be fine lol

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   1/3/11 11:11:31AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by sparky

ahahahhaha I feel a post like the one your making takes away from the great job Stann did thats why you will catch static for this post......Instead of ur post being about how great Stann looked its about how Leben didnt look like himself. With that being said I understand why people think its an excuse.

He did give Stann credit

QUOTE]Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Last edited 1/3/11 12:15PM server time by postman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   1/3/11 12:15:33PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

dude, this isnt sherdog...you should be fine lol

LOL I thought he was going to say dude this isn't Sherdog we don't make excuses for our fav fighters or some thing like that.

Post #8   1/3/11 12:17:15PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Chips:
i just put the anti-flame comment because i didn't want people to read the title, not read the article and assume Leben's camp is making excuses. like others have said it is perfectly reasonable for people to find this as putting down Stann's performance, even though it was not the intention of this post. the thoughts of this article are not my own, i just found it very interesting and decided to share it.

and yes, i a, very glas this isn't sherdog haha

Post #9   1/3/11 12:36:43PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:
Jits you need a new gif of Aoki throwing a drop kick then eating a lights out knee.

Post #10   1/3/11 12:44:45PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Jits you need a new gif of Aoki throwing a drop kick then eating a lights out knee.

you have no idea how hard i was laughing in the first round. as soon as it ended i go, "watch him get KOed in like 3 seconds in the MMA round," as a half-joke. then wouldn't you know he gets obliterated by a knee after that joke of a first round. i just started cracking up, half from sleep deprivation (watched it live) and half from the sheer ridiculousness of the fight. but yeah i'm gonna get on getting that avatar haha

Post #11   1/3/11 12:47:21PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Huge props to Stann....going in, I didn't think he could finish Leben in that manner....hope Leben comes back stronger.

Post #12   1/3/11 1:36:26PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Leben's style is fun to watch, hopefully he will do better next time

Last edited 1/3/11 9:09PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #13   1/3/11 2:05:21PM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
Yeah nowadays you can't share ANY info on a fighter's lead-up to a fight without someone calling you making excuses.
Brian Stann won, and noone can take that away, though i look forward to a Chris Leben with a LOT to prove.
With Leben's style of fighting, he risks being KO'd every fight and just usually slips a win.

Post #14   1/3/11 3:07:53PM   

xtra_chewy

Standup Guy

xtra_chewy Avatar

Career:2,833-1,505
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by postman

Agreed.

Post #15   1/3/11 3:40:20PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2