Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 125's Vera focused on Silva but wouldn't mind rematch with Jones

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,522-929
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
LAS VEGAS – Even Brandon Vera (11-5 MMA, 7-5 UFC) is tired of hearing about "the old Brandon Vera."

The UFC light heavyweight, who faces Brazilian slugger Thiago Silva (14-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) at this weekend's "UFC 125: Resolution" event, was once considered the future of the heavyweight division. Now, he may be battling for his spot on the UFC's roster.

And while the 33-year-old said he's finally got his mind in the right place, he's promising the arrival of a better Brandon Vera instead of a simple return to previous form.

Article

Post #1   12/30/10 6:12:19PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I wouldn't want to see a rematch with Jones. Pretty sure the rematch would look along the same lines as the first fight. But honestly, I don't think Vera will make it past Silva.

Post #2   12/30/10 6:19:26PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,275-1,280
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dear Brandon,

Please God No.

Signed,
Your Orbital Bone.

Post #3   12/30/10 6:31:02PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,522-929
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I know that the UFC probably makes their fighters do pre-fight hype interviews, but does anyone remember the smack talk being laid down by Vera before the Jon Jones fight? He was saying "Oh he might be and up and comer but I can end his career in one fight", and look at how badly he got punked! I can still hear Jones' left elbow cracking the side of Vera's face.

I would be surprised if Vera doesn't get KO'ed by Silva. The Truth is that Brandon Vera doesn't have it anymore! Lol sorry not funny. I like Vera but he will never beat Jon Jones in his life.

Post #4   12/30/10 7:07:40PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
((No more clinch knees and ko head kicks, leaves Vera an average UFC fighter for the LWH division.
Bring back the killer spirit and killa knees and kicks-if you wanna be top dawg.

Wanting a rematch with Jones is ridiculous atm

Vera may do better standing in a rematch, I don't see Jones standing with anyone

talk of a rematch is premature since he could get cut with this loss.

Jones wants to fight strikers but, takes them down also. I think Vera is either looking past Thiago, or seeting up a grudge match to keep him interesting in the face of 3 straight losses. IMO))

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #5   12/31/10 11:25:54AM