Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce's Herschel Walker eyes Olympics, fighter union in MMA's future

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A former pro footballing great, one-time Olympic bobsledder and current successful entrepreneur (in addition to his role as an MMA fighter), Strikeforce heavyweight Herschel Walker (1-0 MMA, 1-0 SF) has just about seen it all.

But with his first taste of MMA behind him and a second helping on the way in January, Walker has a few things he'd like to see happen in the fast-growing sport.

First, Walker would like to see MMA in the Olympics. Second, he'd like to see the sport's participants develop a fighters' union.

Article

Post #1   12/22/10 7:09:24PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
ive heard people talk crap about walker but i cant understand it. he may not be the best fighter and he may be getting old but he is an awesome person to represent the sport. hes got alot of people behind him and more power than alot of other people because of his success in multiple sports and businesses. he is nothing but good news for MMA as a growing sport.

Post #2   12/22/10 8:13:00PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

ive heard people talk crap about walker but i cant understand it. he may not be the best fighter and he may be getting old but he is an awesome person to represent the sport. hes got alot of people behind him and more power than alot of other people because of his success in multiple sports and businesses. he is nothing but good news for MMA as a growing sport.

I have to agree, once again. You would be hard pressed to find a better ambassador for the sport. Herschel Walker is a legend, and he is respected with good cause. I think the only reason people slander his MMA endeavors is because of the fact he is in Strikeforce. They are such a weak organization. They baby their big name fighters.

Post #3   12/22/10 10:13:04PM