Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Keith Jardine Documents Corruption At Nemesis Fighting, U.S. Secret Service Involved

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The nightmare surrounding the Nemesis Fighting show in the Dominican Republic on Dec. 11 is still unfolding as more details emerge. The latest advancement is the U.S. Secret Service’s involvement in the investigation.

Keith Jardine, who fought and won during the show, has made a personal commitment to make sure the promoters who scammed the fighters either pay up or do some jail time for their part in the disastrous show that took place.

The UFC veteran is taking much of the responsibility simply because he knows a lot of the fighters that competed that fateful night, stayed on the card due to his involvement. He’s hopeful the work he’s doing now will at least help some of the fighters out from the financial strain caused by promoters Tim Fields and Bob Fill.

“I know some people stayed on this card because I was on it, and they would ask John (Madrid, Jardine’s manager) ‘Well, Keith’s still on it right?’ and they would stay on the card because of me, and that makes me feel really bad,” Jardine told MMAWeekly Radio. “So I’m doing my best, doing my part to gain control of the production of the fights to maybe get it on pay-per-view and get all the money to pay the fighter’s purses.”

LINK

Post #1   12/22/10 3:49:49PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jardine is a class act considering he's dedicated most of his time since the event towards getting the other fighters on the card some kind of profit from their fights. Between this and the Franca issue, it's easy to tell just how popular MMA has grown. People realize they can make quick money off scams like this. Makes me sick knowing these guys are out there staining the image of a sport so many people have given their blood, sweat, tears, and money for.

WAR Jardine and U.S. Secret Service!

Post #2   12/22/10 3:58:28PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This is one example of Keith Jardine being a stand up guy, and not in the sense that we are all used to here on the Playground! Good for him for taking the initiative and giving the other fighters on the card an example of a man with integrity and principle.

Post #3   12/22/10 5:47:04PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

This is one example of Keith Jardine being a stand up guy, and not in the sense that we are all used to here on the Playground! Good for him for taking the initiative and giving the other fighters on the card an example of a man with integrity and principle.

f****n EH

Last edited 12/23/10 12:38PM server time by sparky
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   12/23/10 12:37:47PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,058-1,153
Chips:
how can you not like this guy. Class act.

WAR JARDINE

Post #5   12/23/10 1:44:05PM