Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Tito Ortiz headlines UFC Fight Night 24 in Seattle

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A light-heavyweight matchup between Brazilian veteran Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and UFC legend Tito Ortiz (15-8-1 MMA, 14-8-1 UFC) is getting main-event treatment in March.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that the contest, which originally was thought to be scheduled for UFC 128, instead will headline UFC Fight Night 24.

While officials have not formally announced UFC Fight Night 24, the event is expected to take place March 26 in Seattle and air on the UFC's longtime cable partner, Spike TV.

LINK

Post #1   12/21/10 1:15:02PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I LOVE this free main event.

I have a distinct feeling I know exactly how this fight is going to end and not having to pay to see it absolutely thrills me.

Post #2   12/21/10 1:38:14PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I have a distinct feeling I know exactly how this fight is going to end and not having to pay to see it absolutely thrills me.

Lil Nog TKO'ing Ortiz around 2 minutes into the 1st round? I agree.

Post #3   12/21/10 1:42:48PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Can't believe names like this are on a Fight Night card. I guess it's because of the merger.

Post #4   12/21/10 1:51:42PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Yep, and I'm hoping in a devastating fashion.

Post #5   12/21/10 2:02:43PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Chips:
I have a feeling Tito is going to do what Brilz did and will actually get the nod because he has a recognizable name.

Post #6   12/21/10 2:19:14PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,947-1,203
Chips:
titos last stand....

Post #7   12/21/10 2:26:05PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Chips:
Why Dana gave Tito another shot is beyond me. I loved seeing Forrest kick the mouthpiece out of his mouth, and I enjoyed seeing Hammill give him a taste of what used to be his own medicine.

Post #8   12/21/10 2:29:53PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Why Dana gave Tito another shot is beyond me. I loved seeing Forrest kick the mouthpiece out of his mouth, and I enjoyed seeing Hammill give him a taste of what used to be his own medicine.

I think the reason may be Tito's drawing power. Whether people are fans or haters, I think they'll still tune in to watch him either win or get beat.

From a record standpoint, I don't think he should be back, but from a business standpoint it makes sense. I see him as a decent measuring stick with great drawing power, which is something the majority of gatekeepers lack.

Post #9   12/21/10 4:07:30PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by pmoney

I think the reason may be Tito's drawing power. Whether people are fans or haters, I think they'll still tune in to watch him either win or get beat.

From a record standpoint, I don't think he should be back, but from a business standpoint it makes sense. I see him as a decent measuring stick with great drawing power, which is something the majority of gatekeepers lack.

Good call. I suppose your Clay Guida's and Melvin Guillards will only bring so much in the way of ratings/revenue. Although who still likes Tito these days? Sure charges against him were dropped, but I will never support anyone who beats on women.

Post #10   12/21/10 4:21:56PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by gartface

Posted by pmoney

Good call. I suppose your Clay Guida's and Melvin Guillards will only bring so much in the way of ratings/revenue. Although who still likes Tito these days? Sure charges against him were dropped, but I will never support anyone who beats on women.

You're going to have a very long list of athletes you don't support then.

Post #11   12/21/10 4:23:25PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by gartface

Posted by pmoney

You fall into the latter category of viewers then. You said you still like to see him get beat. The heel is just as important in getting ratings sometimes as the hero is. I personally like to see him get beat as well, but I think a lot of it was even prior to his assault charges. I just never enjoyed his mouth, but I'll tune in to see him get beat, that's for sure.

Post #12   12/21/10 4:31:30PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gartface

I just never enjoyed his mouth

Post #13   12/21/10 4:34:58PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

I just never enjoyed his mouth

I mean some people like the way it feels. I just subscribe to a different type of lip I guess?

Post #14   12/21/10 4:37:29PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gartface

I mean some people like the way it feels. I just subscribe to a different type of lip I guess?

Post #15   12/21/10 4:46:30PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2