Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frankie Edgar wants to 'shut everybody up' by winning the rematch with Gray Maynard

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,636-993
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC Lightweight Champion Frankie Edgar knows that if he beats Gray Maynard at UFC 125 on Jan. 1, he will have avenged his one career loss and the critics won't have much to say about him anymore -- at least as a fighter. Both he and his opponent have been dominant throughout their careers but it hasn't translated to the box office. In fact, most of the talk heading into their New Year's Day rematch has revolved not around who the winner of the fight will be, but whether or not anyone will pay to see it.

Article

Read the full article for a great quote from Fankie Edgar regarding his upcoming rematch with Gray Maynard.

Post #1   12/18/10 11:03:25AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,685-1,419
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i will be at the fight live i do like edgar but right now i am leaning toward maynard by lay n pray for 5 rounds

edgar will stuff a few takedowns but not all of them

Post #2   12/18/10 2:23:58PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
maynard started to fade against diaz.
Frankie will capitalize and work him harder and have the advantage in the last 10 minutes. Hopefully he can get his redemption

Post #3   12/18/10 2:50:41PM   

NaturalBornKiller92

MMA Regular

NaturalBornKiller92 Avatar

Career:131-89
Chips:
I just dont understand why anyone would not want to watch this fight. Two premiere UFC Lightweights having a rematch for the belt and oh by the way....there is only one loss between the two fighters and that was gray maynard beating edgar. The only thing that may be bad about this fight is that the typical fan may not know either fighter so maybe the public doesnt care for this reason. thats the only possible excuse to not watch this fight i could think of

Post #4   12/19/10 10:04:57PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

I just dont understand why anyone would not want to watch this fight. Two premiere UFC Lightweights having a rematch for the belt and oh by the way....there is only one loss between the two fighters and that was gray maynard beating edgar. The only thing that may be bad about this fight is that the typical fan may not know either fighter so maybe the public doesnt care for this reason. thats the only possible excuse to not watch this fight i could think of

Of course I want to see it, but I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting for it. It's been about three years since either fighter has finished an opponent--so knowing beforehand that the bout is going to go the full 25 minutes, with neither fighter getting close to finishing the other, I think that takes a lil bit of zip out of the main event.

Post #5   12/21/10 2:36:04PM