Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 124's Sean McCorkle wants to fight aging legends after Stefan Struve

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sean McCorkle is past the days of fighting for any other reason than cash.

So what better way to make more green than to piggyback off a few aging legends?

After he beats Stefan Struve (20-4 MMA, 4-2 UFC) tomorrow at UFC 124, McCorkle (10-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) said, he'd like to up his earning potential against fighters whose best days are behind them.

"Preferably once they're on their last legs and are no longer very competitive," McCorkle told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Like when Mike Tyson fought Larry Holmes, or when Holmes fought Ali way past [Ali's] prime."

The somewhat-serious UFC heavyweight said he already has a few names in mind.

"I'd like to have maybe (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira in two or three years and (Brock) Lesnar in 10, maybe," he said. "I keep telling people I'd love to fight Mirko 'Cro Cop' (Filipovic) after Struve.

"People think I'm crazy, and then I remind them that Mark Hunt beat Mirko when 'Cro Cop' was in his prime. Especially if the 'Cro Cop' that fought Frank Mir (at UFC 119) shows up. You fight a guy like that, and you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain."

LINK

Post #1   12/10/10 9:36:39PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Interesting MMAth. That theory may hold a certain amount of water. He is right about not being ready for Nog or Lesnar, and I wouldn't be shocked to see him beat Cro Cop. He is a friggin huge guy!

Post #2   12/10/10 11:58:10PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
McCorkle is a strange dude. i dont think ive heard him say anything serious yet. i dislike struve so hopefully McCorkle gets the win even though im picking struve in this fight

Post #3   12/11/10 3:19:05AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Mark Coleman would be a good fight.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   12/11/10 7:27:02PM