Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

ORTIZ Vs RASHAD

Print  
  Page 3 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>
Posted By Message

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,722-1,143
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
i have to admit though... things havnt exactly been happening as i predicted lol

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #31   4/23/07 11:32:34PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by greshamfighter

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by skow711

Tito is a wrestlers also and not a good wrestler at that. Rashads wrestling skills are good enough that Tito wont be able to take him down.

Rashad by decision

if rashad keeps it standing hes getting ko'ed...his stand up is just half assed compared to top level strikers. tito may not be a top level striker but hes done better than anyone of liddells last 7 fights. i dont see rashad lasting 2 minutes with liddell..

Dude thats the funniest sh*t ive heard all day tito was losing the striking game to forrest griffin and we all saw the tito liddel fight

and the only ass beating titos given in the last couple of years is to shamrock.
rashad by 3rd rnd tko

Post #32   4/23/07 11:55:32PM   

Sopena66669

MMA Regular

Career:30-7
Chips:
As we all know Rashad is an awesome college wrestler but college wrestling and mma wrestling are to different things... I think tito has a very tight stand up game which will give rashad alot of trouble and will allow tito to do what he does best GnP... Tito Rnd2 TKO

Post #33   4/24/07 12:10:30AM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by skow711

Tito is a wrestlers also and not a good wrestler at that. Rashads wrestling skills are good enough that Tito wont be able to take him down.

Rashad by decision

You're basing this on what evidence? The fact that Rashad had a 48-34 record in his wrestling career? Or that fact that Tito beat Matt Hughes in a wrestling competition or that he was a State Junior College champ after only being in the game a few years? Tito is a natural wrestler and probably could have been olympic level if he had persued it more. The fact is he went from junior college to cage fighting and Rashad happen to go as far as he could and ended up with less than a 60% win ratio. The dude is not a greate wrestler, he just happened to be better than most of the fighters he has gone up against. To compare him to Randy Couture is frickin absurd, in fact I want an appology on behalf of Randy.

He is not a great wrestler but he wrestled on the Division I college level at a big time college wrestling program at Michigan St.? Come on.

Post #34   4/24/07 12:17:11AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by toothmaman

I'm giving this one to Rashad via split decision, wouldn't put money on it though.

If you're not willing to put money on it then why say it at all? I put 400 on Tito and 100 on Rampage. My bankroll is empty til those two fights are over!

Post #35   4/24/07 1:44:01AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Rashad is winning that fight, tito isn't the same fighter he used to be.

Post #36   4/24/07 7:40:04AM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Tito hates body shots and i personally dont rate his chin at all, if rashad can keep it on the feet, sprawling to avoid the takedowns like forrest did, then rashad could pull of a ko. If tito puts rashad on the mat, its tito's fight, wether via tko, submission or decision.

Post #37   4/24/07 12:04:42PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Tito hates body shots and i personally dont rate his chin at all, if rashad can keep it on the feet, sprawling to avoid the takedowns like forrest did, then rashad could pull of a ko. If tito puts rashad on the mat, its tito's fight, wether via tko, submission or decision.

You don't think Tito has a chin after the beating he took in round 1 of the second Liddell fight?

Post #38   4/24/07 12:20:23PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by keith-hackney1

You don't think Tito has a chin after the beating he took in round 1 of the second Liddell fight?

I dont think his chin is that great, when he gets struck by other fighters, he has no reply so covers up his face and sticks his knee out protecting his chin coz he knows it too.

Post #39   4/24/07 1:00:00PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by nubby

Posted by keith-hackney1

I dont think his chin is that great, when he gets struck by other fighters, he has no reply so covers up his face and sticks his knee out protecting his chin coz he knows it too.

I can give you examples in his fight against liddell where he did answer with overhand rights and actually stunned liddell into backing up. Simple because Liddell says he doesn't like to get hit doesn't make it true. Liddell only knows from his experience which really isn't the fighter to base those kind of assertions on. He knocked out Randy Couture, does Randy have a weak chin too?

Last edited 4/24/07 1:07PM server time by nubby
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #40   4/24/07 1:03:51PM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:
Anyone catch the latest smack talk between the two??? ufcjunkie.com reported that Tito called Rashad the first women fighter in the UFC and said in reference to Don Imus that Rashad would be his "nappy headed Ho".

As for whoever refuted my comment about Tito not being God's greatest gift just because he took a three round beating from Liddell. My point was that you cannot judge Tito merely based on the fact he has fought Liddell, Rashad has an impeccable record and much like Gonzaga just has not had the opprotunity to face top level competition.

I see this ending rd 2 Rashad by GnP.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #41   4/24/07 1:23:48PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JBatch

Anyone catch the latest smack talk between the two??? ufcjunkie.com reported that Tito called Rashad the first women fighter in the UFC and said in reference to Don Imus that Rashad would be his "nappy headed Ho".

As for whoever refuted my comment about Tito not being God's greatest gift just because he took a three round beating from Liddell. My point was that you cannot judge Tito merely based on the fact he has fought Liddell, Rashad has an impeccable record and much like Gonzaga just has not had the opprotunity to face top level competition.

I see this ending rd 2 Rashad by GnP.

I don't think anyone here has claimed Tito to be Gods gift to MMA. However, I will say that after watching several of Rashad's latest fightins including Bonnar and Salmon, he didn't impress me one bit. For 1, Rashad couldn't finish off Bonnar even though he could take him down at will. Which doesn't really mean anything because Bonnar is not known for take down defense. On top of that he couldn't stand with Bonnar because Bonnar was actually winning the stand up game. 2, When he fought Sean Salmon he was unable to take Salmon down simply because Salmon had a wrestling backround. Prior to kicking Salmon's face off, Salmon was winning the fight with striking.

Against Lambert? What can we say, the dude was unproven in the UFC, he had a bunch of wins in lower level fighting associations came up in the past few years and still fought a bunch of mediocre fighters. Only recently did he beat anyone of consequence in Renato Sobral. Which I can't even explain that fight.

My point in all of this is that Rashad is nothing special. He's a wrestler that is about to go up against someone that not only can out wrestle him but can also out ground and pound him, can out clinch him, and can out last him.

Post #42   4/24/07 2:24:31PM   

Shoey

Learning to Sprawl

Shoey Avatar

Career:190-98
Camp: Idiot Savant
Chips:

Posted by methodman_90

I say Tito wins by close decision. This will test where Rashad is at

Agreed! This will definitley test Rashad! I think it will be fun to watch, or at least I really hope so..!

Post #43   4/24/07 3:37:57PM   

BigWilly

Learning to Sprawl

BigWilly Avatar

Career:98-62
Chips:
Tito is going to overwhelm Rashad with elbows... this fight will end in the first... Tito by ref stoppage

Post #44   4/24/07 4:34:16PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:2,076-1,211
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Sopena66669

As we all know Rashad is an awesome college wrestler but college wrestling and mma wrestling are to different things... I think tito has a very tight stand up game which will give rashad alot of trouble and will allow tito to do what he does best GnP... Tito Rnd2 TKO

Cael Sanderson is a great wrestler. Rashad Evans was a medicore wrestler at best who, when I saw him, relied on natural ability to carry him through

Post #45   4/24/07 8:47:07PM   

Page 3 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>