Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Aaron Wilkinson vs. Cody McKenzie slated for The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale

Print  
Posted By Message

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
link

Two quarterfinalists from "The Ultimate Fighter 12," Team GSP's Cody McKenzie (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Team Koscheck's Aaron Wilkinson (6-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC), meet Saturday at the show's live finale

McKezie, who was Team GSP's seventh-round pick, scored upsets with submission wins over Amir Khillah and Team Koscheck No. 1 pick Marc Stevens to advance to the quarterfinals. However, he fell short in the that round when semifinalist Nam Phan stopped him with strikes in the second round.

Wilkinson, Team Koscheck's seventh-round pick, dealt with everything from facial cuts to his grandmother's death to an opening-round loss (to finalist Michael Johnson) once on the cast of "TUF 12." However, in the "wild-card" fight, he submitted teammate Stevens and got his second shot in the quarterfinals, where he posted a gutsy but unsuccessful effort against Kyle Watson.

Post #1   12/2/10 1:13:01AM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The only real reason I'm excited for this fight is because of Cody Mckenzie. He's a fun guy and that guillotine choke is just brutal. I'm wondering how much he's since leaving the show and joining a real camp. It would make my night for him to win with another guillotine.

As for the fight, I don't see much excitment unless Cody does manage the choke. I wasn't impressed with Wilkinson and Cody didn't seem to offer much except his choke. If the fight stays on the feet, Wilkinson could possibly TKO him, or if it goes to the ground Cody could possibly submit him. Other than that, a far from impressive decision could show up.

Prediction: I'm leaning more on Cody submitting him, maybe not with the guillotine, but with something. I'll say... late round two.

Post #2   12/2/10 7:54:16PM