Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Koscheck: Georges St. Pierre has 'quit in him' and the plan is to 'knock his ass out'

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
"I have a great gameplan and my thing is, I don't think George has a good chin and I don't think his hands are that good. So I want to keep this fight on the feet and knock his ass out. ... I believe he hasn't been hit since Matt Serra. That was a good crack. His chin hasn't been tested and I think Georges has quit in him. If you look at the first Matt Hughes fight where he arm barred him, he was tapping before it was even tight. If you look at when little Matt Serra was on top of him pounding him, he tapped out. So I believe that Georges has quit in him and you just have to take him to that point. Nobody has been able to do it since those two but I plan on doing it on December 11th."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   11/29/10 2:34:37PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
koscheck has a chance of winning this fight if he can get Georges to play into kos's game plan but like we've seen so many times before, thats not an easy thing to do. hardy, alves, fitch, serra etc. they all let Georges exploit their weakness instead of impose their will.

Post #2   11/29/10 3:03:34PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
GSP by one sided beat down. Fragile's bleach blonde fro is going to be covered in his own blood.

GSP by 4th round TKO stoppage.

Post #3   11/29/10 3:45:14PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

GSP by one sided beat down. Fragile's bleach blonde fro is going to be covered in his own blood.

GSP by 4th round TKO stoppage.

Kos isn't Fragile

Post #4   11/29/10 3:50:32PM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,646-1,160
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
Kos has got to keep it up which is what he won't be able to do. GSP 50 to 45

Post #5   11/29/10 4:14:17PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,228-1,515
Chips:
I sort of agree with Koscheck here. I don't GSP has a very good chin. I don't think he has been tested much. Outside of the Serra debacle, George hasn't fought too many "hard hitters" and he is very good at "not getting clobbered". However...I don't think Koscheck is going to be the one to clobber him.

Post #6   11/29/10 4:59:04PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Kos wins via Disqualification (Knee)

Kidding, of course. I don't see how the rematch will be any different from the first fight. If Koscheck is so sure about GSP having a chin or having "quit in him" why didn't he expose this in their first encounter? Is Koscheck trying to say he didn't know this at UFC 69, GSP's next fight after the Serra loss? Josh is just doing some wishful thinking. He knows he's going to receive ANOTHER one sided beatdown.

I think GSP has a decent chin. Everyone can get caught on that magic button, and that's what happened with the Serra fight. Since then, GSP has fought some pretty notable strikers.... Koscheck, Serra, Penn, Alves, and Hardy. The last two which you can argue had the best striking in the division at the time of fighting GSP.

The way I see it, if we look at it through Koscheck's way of thinking, Koscheck's chin has been suspect since the Thaigo knockout.

Chin - Equal
Everything else - GSP

GSP via entrance.

Post #7   11/29/10 5:38:15PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

I sort of agree with Koscheck here. I don't GSP has a very good chin. I don't think he has been tested much. Outside of the Serra debacle, George hasn't fought too many "hard hitters" and he is very good at "not getting clobbered". However...I don't think Koscheck is going to be the one to clobber him.

Are you saying that Penn, Alves, and Hardy aren't "hard hitters"?

Post #8   11/29/10 5:39:39PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,336-1,645
Camp: country KO
Chips:
St Pierre - TKO via Phantom knee.

Koscheck will get what's coming to him.

Post #9   11/29/10 8:05:18PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
Good luck with that KOS!!

Last edited 11/29/10 8:18PM server time by submissionartist1
Edit note/reason: wrestlefest!!

Post #10   11/29/10 8:18:34PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Sir_Karl

I'm glad you jumped on this. I was thinking the same thing.

Post #11   11/29/10 9:14:50PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Sir_Karl

You said it before I could. Not getting hit isn't the same thing as not fighting "hard hitters."

Post #12   11/29/10 10:14:22PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

"I have a great gameplan and my thing is, I don't think George has a good chin and I don't think his hands are that good. So I want to keep this fight on the feet and knock his ass out. ... I believe he hasn't been hit since Matt Serra. That was a good crack. His chin hasn't been tested and I think Georges has quit in him. If you look at the first Matt Hughes fight where he arm barred him, he was tapping before it was even tight. If you look at when little Matt Serra was on top of him pounding him, he tapped out. So I believe that Georges has quit in him and you just have to take him to that point. Nobody has been able to do it since those two but I plan on doing it on December 11th."

Link

Koscheck doesn't think George has good hands? Ask his buddy Jon Fitch about his hands....I'm sure BJ thinks his hands are pretty good as well, etc, etc.

Josh contradicts pretty much everything that he says. There is no rhyme or reason to his smack talk.

Post #13   11/30/10 10:07:48AM