Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joe Lauzon blames 'concrete legs' for loss to George Sotiropoulos at UFC 123

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I figured the second round would be more like the first. But getting off the stool for the second round, my legs felt like concrete. I don't know why or what happened. I felt pretty good at the end of the first, but at the beginning of the second I felt dead. It was like I got worse. Instead of recovering, I got way worse. ... I'm not even sure. It had to be an adrenaline dump. I think I pushed a pretty good pace in the first round, but I didn't feel like it was something that would make me gassed. I felt good at the end of my first walking back to my corner. I was a little winded, but I was OK.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   11/29/10 12:53:06PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
i had high hopes for Lauzon in this fight. oh well, back to the drawing board.

Post #2   11/29/10 2:47:39PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
I believe Joe. It's not like he fought his best in round 2 and it just wasn't good enough. He isn't making excuses, he is explaining what he went through. He was "toast" in round 2 right from the start. I think some psychological things happen to Joe in his "important" fights too. When Joe Lauzon is on his mental and physical game he is an animal. He was definitely physically cashed after round 1...maybe even mentally cashed as well. I am sure he will win another 3 or 4 fights and work his way back to a "big" fight. He just needs to keep it all together next time.

Post #3   11/29/10 4:52:59PM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
Yeah the big crowds and PPV seems to give him the jitters, when he fights someone and is relaxed, Lauzon is a BEAST. I was waiting for a CRAZY stand up war between these 2 guys, and an even crazier grappling match.
Hope to see Joe back up there soon, i love the kids style

Post #4   11/30/10 3:12:14AM