Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Randy Couture films "Setup" in December, eyes "The Expendables II" in March

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture (19-10 MMA, 16-7 UFC) has yet to make an official decision regarding his fighting future, but "The Natural" recently revealed his schedule is booked for the next several months.

Couture, who hosts next week's 2010 World MMA Awards, will begin work on a new Bruce Willis film, "Setup," in December and hopes to reprise his role as Toll Road in "The Expendables II" beginning in March.

Couture revealed his plans while a guest on "The Dave and Mahoney Morning Show" on Las Vegas' X-107.5 FM. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) lead staff reporter John Morgan was also a guest on the show.

"I'm getting ready to do a movie in Grand Rapids, Mich., here the first couple weeks of December with Bruce Willis," Couture said. "'Setup.'

"It just happened a couple of days ago. It's a fun character. Small part, but a fun character in kind of a gangster movie."

LINK

Post #1   11/26/10 4:59:36PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I enjoyed The Expendables for what it was. Had it been casted with run of the muck unknown actors the appeal wouldn't have been their,though seeing all the machoism on screen made it worthy in my opinion. I can't see a second one being that great and most likely will be filled with more guest appearance's to put butts in seats.

I think it's good Couture is stepping back from fighting. When he returned to fight big Tim he was really testing the limits and without a doubt broke the barrier and strung together some memorable moments afterwards. I think too many guys attempt to hold on for too long. Randy,however proved he could keep up with the herd nearly at twice the age. I only hope I can say the same to some degree at some skill if I live to reach that age.

Post #2   11/26/10 5:13:43PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I wanted to see Randy win a belt again. Movies are cool but he seemed so determined this last time to fight the best and get the lhw belt. Maybe he relized he should leave on a good note.

also. he would be a great 3rd commentator for UFC events.

Last edited 11/27/10 1:18PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   11/27/10 11:08:14AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
although randy is a freak of nature still fighting at 47 yrs old or whatever, not to mention one of my favorite fighters, i think that he is getting close to real legit retirement from fighting. with out fighting i guess he could train/coach, commentate, clothing line, etc. but it seems to me he really likes movies and there is obviously a sh!t load of money in them. plus he's a good representation of MMA to the rest of the world.

Post #4   11/27/10 6:31:19PM