Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

End of Sherdog.net ?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
I think there is enough MMA fans out there now and combined with the continuous growth for every site to be successful.

Last edited 2/1/07 11:59AM server time by nate22
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   2/1/07 11:59:01AM   

-NewBreed-

MMA Playground Writer

-NewBreed- Avatar

Career:11-6
Chips:

Posted by nate22

I think there is enough MMA fans out there now and combined with the continuous growth for every site to be successful.

Ain't that the truth! TUF Noobs for all! j/k

Post #32   2/1/07 12:44:57PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I hate that this thread has become a discussion on sherdog, so I hate to use their name in this but... Who would want this to become the new sherdog? 40-50x more posters? When 1/3 or more of those accounts are dummy accts for trolls? Not just that one site but most of the biggest sites are completely degenerate, only fun for ppl whose idea of fun is trolling. Granted big sites are great for news and things, but I'd like to see moderation on here be (stay?) very strict. We already have 2600 members after a month (ish). Who wants 100,000 members that're all tryin to cheat betting and troll the forums? I for one don't. If it ever did get like that I'd still play the game but ignore the rest. I'm glad not only the mods but seemingly all/most of the members are trying to keep it a civil place to discuss mma.

Post #33   2/5/07 9:15:34PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I think all and all, the posters on here have been very good. I myself don't want to edit someones post or ban anyone. My two big peeves (if that's what you call it) are Fighter Bashing and personal threats. I know there's going to be some bantering and smack talk. That's cool, it's when it drops into the gutter where we have to learn to check ourselves.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #34   2/5/07 9:51:43PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Mayo

So is this site going to end the legacy of the Sherdog forum? Hopefully the forums on this site stay more professional with none of that National Enquirer type crap!

I sure hope not then these forums will be flooded with Idiotic posts. I never want to see that pic of "me and Mah Boys one night in Jersey" ever ever ever again.

Post #35   2/5/07 11:11:39PM   

Albertan

Learning to Sprawl

Albertan Avatar

Career:1,834-1,179
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:
That shit was pretty funny at least in hiw blown out of proportion it ended up getting my sisters Xboyfriend is a computer geek to the max secret timing out passwords to hacker playlands and shit.

Anyway one day he was like you go to sherdog right, I said yes and he started going off about Lee Hotti. That guy became a joke to the world.

Post #36   3/4/07 3:34:45PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3