Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

TUF 12's Andy Main Defects To Team GSP Following Show’s Conclusion

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Andy Main may have been drafted to Team Koscheck during the 12th season of “The “Ultimate Fighter,” but he’s happy to defect to Team GSP, as the two coaches get ready to square off in the main event of UFC 124 in Montreal.

Main, who trains with the AMA Fight Club and Team Renzo Gracie in New York City, has longstanding ties with some of those closest to St-Pierre, and when the chance came to travel to Montreal and help the champion prepare for his former coach, he was happy to oblige.

“Basically, as I’ve said before, John Danaher is my jiu-jitsu instructor and sort of through him I got kind of hooked back up with GSP because he came down to the city. I had also gone out and trained with Kyle Watson and we were talking to GSP a little bit while we were out there and he invited myself and Kyle Watson to come up and train with him during his camp for Koscheck. I was ecstatic. I was excited to go up and train with those guys,” Main told MMAWeekly Radio on Monday.

LINK

Post #1   11/26/10 1:51:48PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:904-633
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Good strategy on GSP's part, if he wants to get Kos mad.
I think Kos was a good coach and an ok guy. I didnt feel like the post fight celebration-- which was banging on the lockeroom walls, --was so bad. They had lost so much up until than, and they didnt act that mean imo.

Last edited 11/26/10 2:46PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   11/26/10 2:39:35PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
More like, who?

Post #3   11/26/10 3:54:21PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I think Kos was a good coach and an ok guy. I didnt feel like the post fight celebration-- which was banging on the lockeroom walls, --was so bad. They had lost so much up until than, and they didnt act that mean imo.

An OK guy I seem to remember him trying to bully a certain nurse and putting his hand round his throat just because he dared to verbally stand up for himself. Not the actions of a professional fighter in my opinion

Post #4   11/26/10 7:11:21PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

An OK guy I seem to remember him trying to bully a certain nurse and putting his hand round his throat just because he dared to verbally stand up for himself. Not the actions of a professional fighter in my opinion

Agreed. It's punk behavior, he acted like a high school bully through a lot of the season, despite getting whooped in the coaching aspect by GSP

Post #5   11/26/10 10:42:25PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

He also taunted Cody Mckenzie after Nam beat him. Only a punk would do something like that. I'll agree that he had a good coaching staff for this season but Koscheck didn't do a single thing that made him look like a decent human being. Him "sticking up" for the Armenians doesn't count either cause that was only an excuse for Koscheck after he realized how bad that made him look. What really initiated that fight was Tate taunting Koscheck about that phantom knee he took.

Post #6   11/27/10 9:08:41AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think it's wise of these new/younger fighters to take the opportunities that have opened up for them from being on the show....in fact if they didn't I'd say they were being straight up retarded!

Post #7   11/27/10 3:47:55PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
he got a chance to train under Kos on the show, why not take the opportunity to train with GSP? i dont see this as a way to make Kos mad, GSP doesnt seem like that kind of person and i think he probably just likes having fighter to train with.

Post #8   11/27/10 6:27:34PM