Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mike Swick Goes Off About Shamrock and Bullying

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Mike Swick can't keep his dislike for Frank Shamrock to himself anymore. He recently let everyone know how he feels about Frank and his "war" against bullying via Facebook.

"ARE YOU KIDDING FRANK SHAMROCK!?!? I have seen it all now! I usually keep my mouth shut and stay far away from any controversy or disputes with other fighters but this is too much! Frank Shamrock started a foundation to fight bullies because he was cyber-bullied?"

"OMG thats ironic considering he was the biggest bully at our gym until we had to split him from our team. I cant even list the fighters on the team that were injured and hurt by him and that he passed out in chokes even after they tapped. This is like making the drug dealer a cop so he can help them get more drug deale...rs. This is like dropping salt into an open flesh wound right before spilling alcohol into it too."

You can read more in his comments on Facebook.

Mike Swick Facebook

Post #1   11/23/10 6:10:01PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,135-1,197
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Shamrock claims to be cyberbullied by Dana White.

“Wow and false, is all that I can say about Dana’s comments that I am a two-faced liar and further, what a bully and terrible example of combat sports meets corporate America. We parted (after our recent meeting) with nothing more than a clear understanding of our different views and brands. Dana’s recent comments on AOL are ridiculous and insulting and I am sad to see them associated with our sport,” Shamrock said. “We will never be a true sport, or art for that matter, until we are free to speak our hearts and minds. I was being genuinely honest about my beliefs and dreams and did not attack, insult, curse or become angry with him in any way. And yet in return, I was attacked, ridiculed and bullied, and finally, my character questioned publically.” “My comments in reply to Mr. White’s insulting tirade is that mixed martial arts breeds confidence, builds character and creates strong diverse communities whose foundation is honor, respect and discipline, and Dana White, I refuse to be bullied by you, and further, I respect a man who truthfully stands up and fights for his family with honor,” he continued. “Anytime you want to become a real man and not a bully, you let me know. I would [be] happy to oblige you with [a] personal introduction to Shamrock MMA.”

I love his outrage at Dana "bullying" him only threaten Dana in his last sentence. He seems to back up what Swick is saying about him.

Post #2   11/23/10 6:18:57PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,216-777
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
I dont care about any of this but I would love to see Dana actually back up some of his **** talk. I hope to everything he accepts a fight with Frank. Dana acts all big and bad and Frank could change that real quick.

Post #3   11/23/10 6:54:09PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

I dont care about any of this but I would love to see Dana actually back up some of his **** talk. I hope to everything he accepts a fight with Frank. Dana acts all big and bad and Frank could change that real quick.

Dana doesn't act big and bad, he just doesn't cut corners with his opinions, good or bad. I don't think I have ever heard Dana blatantly insult a fighter beyond what everyone else in the game is thinking (i.e. a poor performance being called out). Dana doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, ad he above anyone else knows that most of his employees who tear his ass to shreds, but he could care less.

Post #4   11/23/10 8:25:08PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I was following some of these tweets because they were being re-tweeted by people I follow.

My personal favorite was Shamrock telling Swick he would be in San Jose "later today if he wanted to talk like a man."

Post #5   11/23/10 11:41:12PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by hate4thestate

Dana doesn't act big and bad, he just doesn't cut corners with his opinions, good or bad. I don't think I have ever heard Dana blatantly insult a fighter beyond what everyone else in the game is thinking (i.e. a poor performance being called out). Dana doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, ad he above anyone else knows that most of his employees who tear his ass to shreds, but he could care less.

Why the hell would you want to see Dana White fight Frank Shamrock?! Dana White doesn't claim to be a great fighter. He tells it how he sees it, and then Frank, in typical bully fashion, challenges Dana White to a fight?? But I guess Dana isn't allowed to speak how he feels because he's not a fighter.

Post #6   11/24/10 9:59:27AM