Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

So now that we have proof that the first round of Harris vs. Falcao was stopped early, what happens next?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,279-810
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
I was forced to watch the entire first round of Gerald Harris vs. Maiquel Falcao because my illegal stream of UFC 123 did not have any sound. That's a joke ZUFFA. No need to get your ravenous attorneys on me, again. If you have completely no concept of how to utilize social media, then you're probably not aware of the current debate of the first round of Gerald Harris vs. Maiquel Falcao. The argument was that the bell rung roughly around five seconds too early to denote the end of the round, a round that in which Falcao seemed to have Harris in a very tight submission. Now a few Brazilians have actually timed the entire first round with a stopwatch and the round didn't end five seconds early, it was nearly seven seconds.

Link

Post #1   11/22/10 6:01:28PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,184-1,225
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Regardless of the timer screw-up that doesn't excuse holding the choke past the bell.

TUF had a 6 minute round once, I don't think its some grand conspiracy, just a timekeeper that didn't do his job very well. I'm pretty sure they're assigned by the athletic commission that oversees the event, not the UFC themselves so other than not using him if they go back to Michigan, I doubt anything will come of this.

Atleast the right guy won the fight in the end.

Post #2   11/22/10 6:41:00PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Regardless of the timer screw-up that doesn't excuse holding the choke past the bell.

TUF had a 6 minute round once, I don't think its some grand conspiracy, just a timekeeper that didn't do his job very well. I'm pretty sure they're assigned by the athletic commission that oversees the event, not the UFC themselves so other than not using him if they go back to Michigan, I doubt anything will come of this.

Atleast the right guy won the fight in the end.

I never thought there was a conspiracy. I just happened to noticed that the time was messed up and glad to see something about it. But this changes the whole fight imo. 7 more seconds could have meant an unconscious Harris. That choke was in deep.

Post #3   11/22/10 6:48:02PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
7 seconds is BIG in a choke

Post #4   11/22/10 7:30:59PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

7 seconds is BIG in a choke

7 seconds in a choke is indeed a lifetime. Fight might have ended then if it wasn't for the time being messed up.

Also, if I remember correctly I am pretty sure the ref broke them apart before the buzzer signaling the end of the round. I can't say with any certainty right now though. I haven't rewatched the fight yet but will do so soon.

Post #5   11/22/10 7:39:56PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,002-1,241
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Nice to see someone bring this up! I was telling a friend of mine to try and find it because I was certain the bell rung around 5 seconds early, in which Harris looked done. It seems fishy to me, guess they didnt want Harris to lose. lol

Some illegal things here. Hope something is done, but we all know nothing will.

Post #6   11/22/10 7:57:32PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Nice to see someone bring this up! I was telling a friend of mine to try and find it because I was certain the bell rung around 5 seconds early, in which Harris looked done. It seems fishy to me, guess they didnt want Harris to lose. lol

I'm just glad the better fighter won.

Post #7   11/22/10 8:03:04PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,560-1,590
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I thought the same thing when I was watching it, I was pissed I picked 1rst round sub. Forget Falcao I want my points!

Post #8   11/22/10 8:08:47PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,184-1,225
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

But this changes the whole fight imo. 7 more seconds could have meant an unconscious Harris. That choke was in deep.

I don't think it changed the whole fight it possibly changed the method of finish from a technical submission to a decision but the right person still won.

If Harris had come back to win the fight maybe there would be an issue.

Posted by JoeWarren33 It seems fishy to me, guess they didnt want Harris to lose. lol

Who is they? And what happened that was Illegal? More importantly what would you like to see done?

a guy screwed up at his job, sounded a horn between 6 and 7 seconds early and instead of choking his opponent unconscious Falcao had to fight an extra 10 minutes to get his win bonus.

Post #9   11/22/10 8:22:19PM   

ryderstrong69

MMA Regular

ryderstrong69 Avatar

Career:441-287
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
why would you brag about illegaly streaming something. You know that dosnt sound as cool as you think. If your gonna do it keep it to yourself.

Posted by hate4thestate

I was forced to watch the entire first round of Gerald Harris vs. Maiquel Falcao because my illegal stream of UFC 123 did not have any sound. That's a joke ZUFFA. No need to get your ravenous attorneys on me, again. If you have completely no concept of how to utilize social media, then you're probably not aware of the current debate of the first round of Gerald Harris vs. Maiquel Falcao. The argument was that the bell rung roughly around five seconds too early to denote the end of the round, a round that in which Falcao seemed to have Harris in a very tight submission. Now a few Brazilians have actually timed the entire first round with a stopwatch and the round didn't end five seconds early, it was nearly seven seconds.

Link

Post #10   11/22/10 9:03:04PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Come on guys this is a big deal over very little. Had the fight ended different then there is a problem but the right guy won. You ever mess up at work? We are calling for the head of some guy who made a mistake. He wouldn't have got sub of the night over Phil Davis so no harm no foul just don't do it agian.

Post #11   11/22/10 9:07:03PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Easiest ******* job ever!!!

Watch the time sound the horn at each round

How can u screw that up!!

Post #12   11/22/10 9:19:49PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ryderstrong69

why would you brag about illegaly streaming something. You know that dosnt sound as cool as you think. If your gonna do it keep it to yourself.

Posted by hate4thestate

Link

Just read beyond the first sentence and you'll have answered your own question.

Post #13   11/22/10 11:36:57PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by postman

Come on guys this is a big deal over very little. Had the fight ended different then there is a problem but the right guy won. You ever mess up at work? We are calling for the head of some guy who made a mistake. He wouldn't have got sub of the night over Phil Davis so no harm no foul just don't do it agian.

Couldn't agree more. Have you ever seen this happen before on the big stage? how often do you see mismanagement of the clock in Football or Basketball? Give the guy a break.

Post #14   11/22/10 11:38:29PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,500-882
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I wouldn't say it PROBABLY would have been the end of the fight, it was the end of the fight. The clock changed this from a first round submission to a 3rd decision with a boring final round. That DOES affect Falcao because submissions will move you up the rankings a lot faster than decisions and finishes are more popular with the fans. But like has already been said it was an honest mistake (leave the clock keeper alone!!!!) and at least the right guy still won.

Post #15   11/22/10 11:55:44PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2