Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Soares: No disrespect meant in UFC 123 post-fight exchange, still friends with Jackson

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If there was anyone more shocked that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, himself, after the light heavyweight was awarded a split-decision win over Lyoto Machida, it may have been Ed Soares.

Machida's manager, Soares firmly believes his client had done enough in the first and third round to claim victory in this past Saturday's UFC 123 main event.

Soares was so convinced that the fight was scored incorrectly that he clearly could be seen on the evening's pay-per-view broadcast telling Jackson in no uncertain terms that he thought the wrong fighter's hand was raised.

Despite the brief exchange, Soares said there's no hard feelings between him and Jackson. In fact, quite the opposite is true.

LINK

Post #1   11/22/10 5:46:28PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
the actions that made layoto now seem to inhibit him

Post #2   11/22/10 7:32:27PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
"I've been friends with Quinton for a long time, and I'm going to call a spade a spade," Soares said. "

I thought that this was a rather unfortunate choice of words.

Post #3   11/26/10 11:07:58AM