Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Don Frye Says Brock Lesnar Is An "Embarrassment" And UFC "Hand Picked" His Opponents

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by RyanC

Posted by zephead
He folds under pressure??? Shane uses his face for a punching bag and Brock comes out in the 2nd round and chokes him out. Sounds like fo;ding to me. Cain pounds him and the fights stopped. That's MMA. I guess Big Nog folds under pressure, his last 3 fights he's been dropped twice. Oh boy, Fedor beong submitted, what a bum.

For a guy who had no experience to beat Heath, Randy and Mir, he did very well

I guess I'm not explaining myself very well. What I guess I should have said instead of folds under pressure is that when he gets punched he doesn't exactly know how to respond. He doesn't handle it that well. I know he came back in the second round of the Carwin fight and won which was definitely overcoming adversity, but when he was under pressure in the first he essentially just turtled. Against Cain he basically turned and ran when Cain started landing punches.

I'm not saying Brocks a bum, nor am I saying he did not do very well against his first 3 opponents. I'm saying his first 3 opponents were very well suited to his particular strengths and I think that played a part in his 3 victories. Had he faced 3 guys like Shane Carwin I don't think his record would be so good.

I dunno if that's any better of an explanation, but I guess it's the best I can do.

I can understand what you're saying with this post. My thing is, when someone like Shane or Cain (I'm a poet and didn't know it) start blasting you in the face, there's not much you can do but turtle. Ask Big Nog about Cains punching power. Ask Bas how you train to get hit in the face with 4oz. gloves by people with the punching power of a Shane or Cain. If that's how you're gonna train, your career won't last long.

There's a game plan until someone punches you in the face, then it all goes out the window. You revert back to what comes natural. Brock is a wrestler, who is learning MMA, so he goes back to what his natural to him. He needs experience. Overcoming the Shane fight will go a long way for him. He's still slow on his feet in the striking game, but it will come to him.

I think Bas ment it more along the lines of he doesn't know what to do once he's been punched and needs some training simulation to put himself more into those types of posistions.

Post #31   11/19/10 8:15:38PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
...as opposed to picking them out of a hat, Don?

Post #32   11/19/10 8:23:32PM   

theruler_

MMA Regular

theruler_ Avatar

Career:47-28
Chips:

Posted by RyanC
.. They gave him opponents that would allow him to use his wrestling, and give him a very, very good chance for a win.

i agree with this sentence. and IMO that leans towards ufc being an embarrassment more so than brock lesnar himself.

Post #33   11/20/10 12:13:16PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3