Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce's Frank Shamrock joins charge against bullying

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
A former UFC, WEC and Strikeforce champion – not to mention a former interim King of Pancrase – MMA legend Frank Shamrock admits he hasn't had to worry too much about being bullied throughout his life.

That said, it's becoming very clear to him that he's in the minority.

"I didn't know there was this bullying going on because nobody has ever really bullied me," Shamrock told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "It turns out everybody is getting bullied."

Shamrock officially announced his retirement from fighting earlier this year, but the 15-year veteran of the sport remains on with Strikeforce as a commentator and spokesperson for the promotion.

With his days of competition behind him, Shamrock said he believes it's now his responsibility to give back to the sport and community that have given so much to him.

"Martial arts saved my life and made me who I am," Shamrock said. "For me not to do spread that message would be wrong. That's my job.

LINK

Post #1   11/17/10 12:16:49PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,051-1,270
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I'm bullying him for being a 40 year old with braces.... so how does it feel to now be bullied frank?

Post #2   11/17/10 2:35:22PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
he should go on bully beat down. the show is pretty lame but at least he do something about the bullies.

Post #3   11/17/10 4:44:28PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

"I didn't know there was this bullying going on because nobody has ever really bullied me," Shamrock told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "It turns out everybody is getting bullied."

Out of curiosity, was he living under a rock? I find it completely hard to believe that Frank wasn't aware that bullying existed.

Unless he never attended a school in his life I don't see how he couldn't know that bullying existed. There's a natural pecking order. Not to mention it's been all over the news for, I don't know, the past FOREVER.

He would have to be the most naive person on the planet for me to believe that statement.

I mean, good for him for picking a cause and all, but *in a Keyshawn voice* "com'on man"

Post #4   11/17/10 7:04:14PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I think he's hopping on moreso now just because it has gotten so bad, especially with the suicides resulting from it recently. I'm by no means saying there weren't any before that, because I'm sure there were, but you're right it's in the news. He's picking a cause, and I can respect him for that. He has a louder voice than most common folk.

Normally don't care for the guy, but here's a

Post #5   11/17/10 8:29:13PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by gartface

I think he's hopping on moreso now just because it has gotten so bad, especially with the suicides resulting from it recently. I'm by no means saying there weren't any before that, because I'm sure there were, but you're right it's in the news. He's picking a cause, and I can respect him for that. He has a louder voice than most common folk.

Normally don't care for the guy, but here's a

I mean, I totally agree, this is a great cause to get behind. I'm not knocking it in the slightest.

I'm just REALLY confused as to how you could have missed this or, as he said, "not even know it existed." That's really got me baffled. You don't even have to really pay attention in school to know that bullying is very real.

Hell, there was that girl in Florida who got the hell beaten out of her and had it video taped. That made national news, Oprah, Dr. Phil, Dateline...I don't even watch some of that stuff and I knew about it.

Post #6   11/17/10 8:34:45PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
My god. Please, please keep the cameras and microphones away from this guy already. He is desperate and grasping for straws. At this point I not not sure what is more unbearable...watching Ken Shamrock fight or listening to Frank Shamrock speak.
Oh c'mon Frank...we all know you were one of the ones giving the swirlies, wedgies and noogies, whipping poor souls with a towel. Bullies usually don't know anything about bullying until they get bullied. Frank knows about bullies...Nick Diaz and Cung Le.

Post #7   11/18/10 11:08:30AM