Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wanderlei Silva Has A Message For Vitor Belfort...

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
You want a rival, you got one! "You know, I was missing something. But then I found out I needed a rival. I never trained as hard as the time I fought (Ricardo) Arona. But now, I want (Vitor) Belfort, and I'm already trained for you. I'm gonna get you, you'll see!" This stems from an ongoing feud that started when Wanderlei predicted Anderson Silva would "destroy" Belfort at UFC 126, and Silva's reaction is to these comments from Belfort: "I didn’t waste my time watching [Wanderlei's video blog]. It’s just a spectator’s opinion. Spectators can say whatever they want. He just wanted to get some attention for himself. I don’t take it seriously. I will use my best characteristic - that is trading hits, boxing. It’s going to be a great test to strike with him. This is my job, right? I’m training Muay Thai a lot with a world champion and my karate coach is coming next month. I’ll be ready when I get there, you can be sure."

Article

Post #1   11/11/10 1:22:29PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Just another fighter starting a feud with someone higher up the ladder in order to get a boost towards a title shot.

Post #2   11/11/10 3:16:14PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,997-1,105
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Just another fighter starting a feud with someone higher up the ladder in order to get a boost towards a title shot.

I don't think so. Silva is a true fighter. He just loves to fight, and he isn't one to play these "thrash talk" games to recieve more PPV buys or title shots. I think he honestly dislikes Belfort. But if I was him, I wouldn't start a feud with someone who has beat me in such a beatdown such as Belfort did to Wanderlei. That's the mistake some fighters make that lead on to more beatdowns.

Examples:

Ortiz/Liddell
Shamrock/Ortiz
Liddell/Rampage
Penn/Edgar

If I had to say at this moment, I'd prefer Belfort beat Anderson and have a rematch with Wanderlei at some point, and Belfort beat him too.

Post #3   11/11/10 3:29:44PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BigBadAl

I don't think so. Silva is a true fighter. He just loves to fight, and he isn't one to play these "thrash talk" games to recieve more PPV buys or title shots. I think he honestly dislikes Belfort. But if I was him, I wouldn't start a feud with someone who has beat me in such a beatdown such as Belfort did to Wanderlei. That's the mistake some fighters make that lead on to more beatdowns.

Examples:

Ortiz/Liddell
Shamrock/Ortiz
Liddell/Rampage
Penn/Edgar

If I had to say at this moment, I'd prefer Belfort beat Anderson and have a rematch with Wanderlei at some point, and Belfort beat him too.

I agree that Silva is a true fighter and will fight anyone anytime but I still stick to my point. He is playing the game.

Post #4   11/11/10 3:41:03PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BigBadAl

Examples:

Ortiz/Liddell
Shamrock/Ortiz
Liddell/Rampage
Penn/Edgar

I agree that Silva is a true fighter and will fight anyone anytime but I still stick to my point. He is playing the game.

Wandy isn't stupid, he knows he is on the last leg of his career, and is probably looking for some highlight wins to go out on.

Post #5   11/11/10 5:18:20PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,759
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Maybe he's still pissed about their first fight?

Post #6   11/11/10 8:33:05PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,824-1,783
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I don't think Wandy is playing any games with anybody..... he doesn't need to sell his fights, his name does that for him. He may be messing with Vitor a little bit, but I wouldn't consider this trash talk yet....let him say something profane, rude and/or ludicrous before we call it all that. I think Wandy would lose though....his ring age is catching up with him IMO. Vitor has been scrapping since 96' too, but has been in close to half as many fights as Wandy. His chin may be a smidge better too.

Post #7   11/11/10 11:22:21PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Another good fight I'd love to see. But in the meantime he should really be fighting Leben.

Post #8   11/12/10 10:12:20AM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Yeah because vitor and wandy didnt fight before where vitor punched wand across the cage like a locomotive and kod him bad thats no reason to have a Feud...

see how i did that Synonyms

Last edited 11/13/10 12:37AM server time by submissionartist1
Edit note/reason: Synonyms
2 total post edits

Post #9   11/12/10 11:31:31AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

Posted by BigBadAl

Yeah because vitor and wandy didnt fight before where vitor punched wand across the cage like a locomotive and kod him bad thats no reason to have a rival...

So that goes for everyone who ever loses a fight to anyone then. Getting KO'd is part of MMA. I said feud not rival.

Post #10   11/12/10 1:12:11PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

You want a rival, you got one! "You know, I was missing something. But then I found out I needed a rival. I never trained as hard as the time I fought (Ricardo) Arona. But now, I want (Vitor) Belfort, and I'm already trained for you. I'm gonna get you, you'll see!" This stems from an ongoing feud that started when Wanderlei predicted Anderson Silva would "destroy" Belfort at UFC 126, and Silva's reaction is to these comments from Belfort: "I didn’t waste my time watching [Wanderlei's video blog]. It’s just a spectator’s opinion. Spectators can say whatever they want. He just wanted to get some attention for himself. I don’t take it seriously. I will use my best characteristic - that is trading hits, boxing. It’s going to be a great test to strike with him. This is my job, right? I’m training Muay Thai a lot with a world champion and my karate coach is coming next month. I’ll be ready when I get there, you can be sure."

Article

I love Wand....but....If they fought again, I see the fight being a tad longer but with the same outcome.

Post #11   11/12/10 10:54:23PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Wandy is wanting something to push him that extra step that maybe he hasn't gone in his last few outings and maybe thinking about that particular loss got his blood boiling for a chance not only to even the score but a motivating factor to work as hard as he did in his prime. To go that extra mile.
I don't think Wandy is playing the game,rather my initial thought is he's testing himself.

Post #12   11/13/10 8:44:21AM