Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diagnosis, Treatment Clear Swick for Octagon Return

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Mike Swick has been off the grid since February, when he lost to Paulo Thiago via second-round submission at UFC 109. It was his second consecutive defeat and sent him to the doctor’s office looking for answers.

“Four years ago, I was told I had dyspepsia,” Swick told Sherdog.com. “I just assumed they were right since I had my stomach scoped twice by different doctors. After [the Thiago loss], I didn’t think I could eat enough to be competitive at the level of the UFC. I didn’t want to quit doing what I love, but I figured I needed to do something if I wanted to stay at this level. I went back to a new doctor who did a totally new evaluation, and he said I had a severely spastic esophagus.”

LINK

Post #1   11/6/10 2:59:23PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I got the opportunity to watch the first half or so of UFC 121 with Swick and I will definitely be rooting for him anytime he's fighting. Very cool, down to earth guy who took tons of time during the fights to talk to all of the fans even though he wasn't scheduled to start meeting them and signing autographs until after the main event ended.

Post #2   11/7/10 6:12:09AM