Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

bisping next fight

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Jango007

Learning to Sprawl

Career:30-16
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Some people are saying that Bisping should have 1 more lesser oponent before he fights a true contender. This is wrong in my opinion because look out fairly easily he handled Sinosic, and Tito had to do alot more to win against Sinosic..if my memory serves me right.

I just think UFC are keeping Bisping back, he should already be a contender and facing better oponents for his next match.

Last edited 4/24/07 10:23AM server time by jango007
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   4/24/07 10:22:56AM   

AdamG

Learning to Sprawl

AdamG Avatar

Career:601-428
Camp: SF Fight Fans
Chips:
How about the loser of Ortiz v. Evans?
The fight against Jardine is interesting, but I have a feeling that Bisping's cardio needs to improve before he fights anyone considered a gatekeeper to a title shot. He only has two wins, he'll need at least three more before a shot at the title.

Post #32   4/24/07 2:40:54PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
What about Alessio Sakara???

Hes an exciting fighter who would bring it for sure but isnt at the level where he would beat bisping and crush the ufcs hope of making him a super star. THis is the matrchup the ufc is likely to make.

Sakara vs Bisping = a good fight

Post #33   4/30/07 6:47:10PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

bisping vs machida

bisping vs jardine

bisping vs sobral

3 poss fights, what do y'al think ?????

bisping vs jardine
for sure. I think its almost time that bisping gets a title shot. That GNP against Elvis was better than Tito's, Holy Crap

Post #34   4/30/07 6:51:13PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Chips:

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Posted by keith-hackney1

bisping vs machida

bisping vs jardine

bisping vs sobral

3 poss fights, what do y'al think ?????

bisping vs jardine
for sure. I think its almost time that bisping gets a title shot. That GNP against Elvis was better than Tito's, Holy Crap

Ok that fight was 38 UFC's ago.
www.ufcfightnews.com/news/ufc32a.html
read that if you want to know how quickly Tito destroyed Elvis.

Post #35   4/30/07 7:05:30PM   

sleevey

MMA Regular

sleevey Avatar

Career:729-440
Camp: Jaxallout
Chips:
Here's my take on Bisping He is UFC poster boy for Europe right now. He is there big name in that market, again the UFC is all about marketing and they have utilized that better than any pro sport over the past 2 1/2 years.

For that reason I believe we will see Bisping get at the minimun 2 more "feeder" fights possibly against Irvin or even Nickels. Maybe even Sean Salmon he should be ready to fight by the time they do there next show over seas.

Before he would even fight Sobral, Jardine or Forest we will probably see him fight Bonnar, Hamil (That would sell some tickets),Heath, Sakara or even Lambert . Joe Silva loves to put Former TUF guys fighting each other.

I would love to see the him get tested by some better caliber fighters but the fact remains thay dont need him to fight a Sobral, Forest, or Jardine caliber of fighter yet they can sellout and promote the sport against lesser fighters(ie Ireland).

On a side note if he lost against Elvis at home there would have been a riot. Btw the dude who said elvis was winning that fight wasnt watching the same fight as me. Altough he did land a big knee he was to gassed after geting pwned in the first to finish. Elvis did exactly what he was supposed to do nothing less than do his job as a "feeder".

If he were to fight any of those 3 arguably his best chance would be against Forest. I think Bisping sriking is a lil more technical and crisp. I also believe he has better submission and gnp than Forest. Based only on what I have watched them do on TUF.

The worst matchup style wise is Babalu. It is said styles make great fights and that is not a good matchup for Bisping. Babalu has fought some seriuos talent and he will not be at that level for at least a year.

I also think Jardine leg kicks would be a huge factor if they fought. I think that the stand up otherwise is pretty even.
On the ground we truley havent seen what each man is capable of (just what we have seen on TUF) so that is a stailmate. The one huge factor for me is traing camps and coaches Greg Jackson right now has it in my opion one of the best cam,ps and cardio wise and gameplan i'ld go Jardine hands down.

Last edited 5/1/07 9:23AM server time by sleevey
4 total post edits

Post #36   5/1/07 2:02:43AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Give Bisping a good fighter like Babalu, or Machida then lets see how he does, if he can beat one of them maybe he would deserve a title shot, but he hasnt beat anyone yet.

Post #37   5/1/07 8:10:00AM   

Sheddy

MMA Regular

Sheddy Avatar

Career:95-42
Chips:
It'll be Keith Jardine, imo.

Rashad's leading the new crop of fighters to the title, if he beats Tito, and the winner of Bisping/Jardine will follow that path.

Post #38   5/1/07 10:23:05AM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
i'd like to see him fight sobral, sobral would be a good test for him and is a top ten, if sobral wins then he'll be thrown back in the mix and we'll have an accurate measurement of bispings skills. if bisping wins then its goodbye sobral and they give bisping a title shot or have him fight the other runner up which will probably be machida or jardine.

Post #39   5/1/07 10:57:20AM   

Sopena66669

MMA Regular

Career:30-7
Chips:
i agree bisping will not see any real competition until 2008

Post #40   5/1/07 12:53:51PM   

PW

Learning to Sprawl

PW Avatar

Career:290-155
Chips:
I think the UFC will be a little more careful with Bisping than they have been with Forrest. Forrest impressed a lot of people with his fight with Tito but came away with a loss and then got KO'd by Jardine. I think his stock has fallen a little and the UFC will want to avoid this happening to Bisping, especially since he is their poster boy of the UK.

With that said, I do like Bisping but there are definatly holes in his game that could probably be fixed with a few more "lesser" fights. Irvin is a good pick I think, but I also liked the nomination of Bonnar and a fight with Forrest down the line would be interesting too.

Post #41   5/1/07 8:34:31PM   

BadSanta

Banned

Career:45-27
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

I would say put Bisping up against Jardine or Forrest.. and a title shot after that assuming he wins.

Exactly. I hate when the UFC protects those they think are golden boys.

Post #42   5/1/07 8:38:37PM   

Damien6663

MMA Regular

Damien6663 Avatar

Career:81-26
Chips:
Bisping is not any were near title contention. His striking is sloppy, he does not have great takedown defense, or takedowns. His submission game is solid but not wonderful. IMO the best part of his game is actually his ground and pound, but he leaves his arms open to often when doing that.

Bisping needs to move to the states and get with a better camp. IMO bisping is forrest griffin with less technique but more power. I do not see how people talk about him as a contender, he is not even close. Give him some more time to develop before you throw him to the wolves, current expectations will lead his fans to disapointment.

His next fight should be sam hoger.

Post #43   5/2/07 9:45:25PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by Damien6663

Bisping is not any were near title contention. His striking is sloppy, he does not have great takedown defense, or takedowns. His submission game is solid but not wonderful. IMO the best part of his game is actually his ground and pound, but he leaves his arms open to often when doing that.

Bisping needs to move to the states and get with a better camp. IMO bisping is forrest griffin with less technique but more power. I do not see how people talk about him as a contender, he is not even close. Give him some more time to develop before you throw him to the wolves, current expectations will lead his fans to disapointment.

Thats bullshit, he's ready to face ortiz or rashad now. Dont forget he was the cage rage light heavyweight champ before he even went in The UF series. His last performance wasnt great, due to pressure of being the poster boy, but he still got the tko. I bet his striking will mature quickly between now and his next fight, his ground game has been tested by 3 bjj black belts, all of which got tko'd. He aint ready for chuck yet by no means but the top 3 LHW's under chuck are not ready for the ice man either, Bisping could take rashad, tito or jardine/griffin.

Last edited 5/3/07 4:12PM server time by keith-hackney1

Post #44   5/3/07 4:11:28PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by Damien6663

Thats bullshit, he's ready to face ortiz or rashad now. Dont forget he was the cage rage light heavyweight champ before he even went in The UF series. His last performance wasnt great, due to pressure of being the poster boy, but he still got the tko. I bet his striking will mature quickly between now and his next fight, his ground game has been tested by 3 bjj black belts, all of which got tko'd. He aint ready for chuck yet by no means but the top 3 LHW's under chuck are not ready for the ice man either, Bisping could take rashad, tito or jardine/griffin.

Post #45   5/3/07 7:00:03PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4