Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC contract not up for grabs in proposed Pedro Rizzo vs. Tim Sylvia bout

Print  
Posted By Message

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,466-914
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
While a heavyweight showdown between former UFC champions Pedro Rizzo (19-9) and Tim Sylvia (27-6) may provide fireworks on the feet, the winner will not be provided a UFC contract.

Contrary to several published reports, UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he has made no such promises to either of his ex-employees.

"Where the [expletive] did that come from?" White asked with a laugh.

Link

Personal note... THANK GOD.

Post #1   11/5/10 9:36:01AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
I never believed the original story as it was.

Post #2   11/5/10 10:02:30AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Am I wrong to think that if Sylvia wins this and maybe another, that he'll probably be back in the UFC?

Post #3   11/5/10 11:15:24AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Thank god? That's dumb. Sylvia is not the champ anymore, but has been winning recently, and is trying to make a big comeback after his career hit bottom imo. Winner of Pedro n Sylvia deserve a chance to fight in the UFC. Sylvia and Pedro have big names, and they could fight Mark Hunt, or the Mcorcle- Struve winner. If they get time to fight in the UFC against opponents who are matched up evenly, these two legends can def. get back on track, and become gatekeepers at the very least.

Last edited 11/5/10 11:43AM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   11/5/10 11:38:29AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Thank god? That's dumb. Sylvia is not the champ anymore, but has been winning recently, and is trying to make a big comeback after his career hit bottom imo. Winner of Pedro n Sylvia deserve a chance to fight in the UFC. Sylvia and Pedro have big names, and they could fight Mark Hunt, or the Mcorcle- Struve winner. If they get time to fight in the UFC against opponents who are matched up evenly, these two legends can def. get back on track, and become gatekeepers at the very least.

You do know we are talking about Tim Sylvia and Pedro Rizzo right? It's not dumb. Both these dudes are gonna get booted. Now if they can get some more wins going it would make sense. But they are far off as of now. The key statement you made was "could get back on track." I don't think Sylvia is quite there yet and Rizzo is far from there. Do you really think either of these dudes could really hang in the UFC anymore?

Before you say "That's dumb" imagine what it would do to these dudes careers if they came back and weren't ready. I have nothing but respect for either of these dudes but I want to see more before they are given another chance in the UFC. Getting a shot before they are ready will be worse for their careers then continuing to fight in the smaller orgs and work their way back up.

Post #5   11/5/10 7:39:07PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,553-1,348
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
tim probably wishes he stayed in ufc now instead of heading off to afflication

i do think another win or two tim deserves to be back i mean i dont like the guy in general but he was a ufc champ
give him some respect for that!!!

Post #6   11/6/10 9:57:44AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

tim probably wishes he stayed in ufc now instead of heading off to afflication

i do think another win or two tim deserves to be back i mean i dont like the guy in general but he was a ufc champ
give him some respect for that!!!

I totally respect him. I think he needs a couple more bigger name wins and he can be brought back. I just think his last couple fights arn't enough. Rizzo on the other hand has a long way to go before he should be allowed back.

Imho, Jason Riley, Pudz (only his 3rd fight), and Buentello (who hasn't been looking good) are not good enough wins for a reasonable arguement to bring him back. Nothing to do with respect, just saying I'd rather see a few more wins before bringing him back. Big Tim won't match up well in the HW imo and I'd rather see him come prepared.

Post #7   11/6/10 11:29:31AM