Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fleeing The "Country"? Brendan Schaub Looking For A Step Towards The Title, Not Redemption

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
In his words, that means he's up for whatever UFC asks him to do-but preferably guys named Mirko Cro Cop & Frank Mir and not guys named Roy Nelson. "If the UFC calls, I’m up for whatever they ask me to do… but I did say I think that next step up from Gonzaga would be a guy like Frank Mir or [Cro Cop]. For me, that’s kind of headed in the direction of getting closer to the title. I don’t know that fighting a guy like Roy does that. But whatever the UFC wants, I’m the guy. As far as the redemption stuff, it doesn’t do it for me. I am a different fighter now. I truly believe in my heart 100 percent the outcome would be different between Roy and I. I would prefer a bigger name like Frank Mir or Cro Cop."

Article

Post #1   11/4/10 11:33:22AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
How does a win against Cro Cop get you further up the ladder than a win against Big Country? I'm not going to say he's scared...but...

Post #2   11/4/10 12:35:23PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i want him to fight Mir. if he loses than hes definetly not ready for a title and if Mir loses that will without a doubt show that Mir is on his way out. that crocop fight was unimpressive. and crocop needs to retire. i never thought id say that.

Post #3   11/4/10 1:33:49PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by gartface

How does a win against Cro Cop get you further up the ladder than a win against Big Country? I'm not going to say he's scared...but...

I'll say it.

Post #4   11/4/10 2:19:02PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by gartface

I'll say it.

Gotta spread the love man. He got his bell rung once, I don't think he wants that again. Too bad for him, Mir hits just as hard.

Post #5   11/4/10 3:27:03PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
I think Big Country would actually win against Mir or Cro Cop plus he KO'd Schaub already. I think Schaub is avoiding the fight to be honest.

Post #6   11/4/10 5:36:05PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
He's scared of Nelson IMO. Sure, some might say that Mir is a bigger test than Nelson, but at least with Mir Schaub doesn't KNOW if he will win or lose, where as Nelson beat him without arguement.

What makes me think this?

When he basically said Cro Cop would push him further than Nelson.

Nelson just fought for number one contender match, and Cro Cop was.... well... knocked out in a lack luster fight with a unfocused Mir.

Post #7   11/4/10 6:24:25PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by gartface

I'll say it.

Gotta spread the love man. He got his bell rung once, I don't think he wants that again. Too bad for him, Mir hits just as hard.

I think the difference between the two though, Mir doesnt take a hit as well as Nelson. I can see him beating Mir, i wouldnt bet on it. But i can see it.

Post #8   11/4/10 6:57:09PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by teddythetuna

I think Big Country would actually win against Mir or Cro Cop plus he KO'd Schaub already. I think Schaub is avoiding the fight to be honest.

I can agree with Mir, but strangely enough i can see Cro-cop doing pretty well. He wont win, but he has a big target to kick at.

Post #9   11/4/10 6:59:12PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by gartface

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by gartface

I'll say it.

I think the difference between the two though, Mir doesnt take a hit as well as Nelson. I can see him beating Mir, i wouldnt bet on it. But i can see it.

I doubt he's actually scared of him, more like scared to lose to Nelson twice. He'd rather take an L to Mir or Cro Cop. That's how I see it.

Post #10   11/4/10 7:02:37PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Schaub has been flying under the radar for a bit now and is finnaly coming to light. Guys are taking notice of him. I can understand why he wouldnt want to fight Roy again right now. If it came diown to a # 1 contender match, I have no doubt that Shaub would take the fight. I would love to see him KO Mir....but I think he is a bit green yet and Mir would outlast him for a UD

Last edited 11/4/10 7:38PM server time by bustedknuckle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   11/4/10 7:37:35PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I think Matt Mitrione should fight Schaub.

Last edited 11/4/10 9:05PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #12   11/4/10 8:26:50PM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
props that would be a fun fight to watch.

Post #13   11/4/10 9:49:34PM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Schaub has been flying under the radar for a bit now and is finnaly coming to light. Guys are taking notice of him. I can understand why he wouldnt want to fight Roy again right now. If it came diown to a # 1 contender match, I have no doubt that Shaub would take the fight. I would love to see him KO Mir....but I think he is a bit green yet and Mir would outlast him for a UD

I could see Mir subbing him as well. I dont think schaub is ready for MR - Gonzaga is so inconsistant.
didnt really prove anything other than he (BS) is climbing the ranks.

1. Cain
2. Carwin
3. Lessnar
4. Dosantos
5. Nelson
6. Mir
7. Nog
8. cro cop
9. WOW i guess you could easily put schuab here!!!

does Brendan really make the top 10 ufc heavies????

Post #14   11/4/10 9:59:42PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Cdellorso

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I could see Mir subbing him as well. I dont think schaub is ready for MR - Gonzaga is so inconsistant.
didnt really prove anything other than he (BS) is climbing the ranks.

1. Cain
2. Carwin
3. Lessnar
4. Dosantos
5. Nelson
6. Mir
7. Nog
8. cro cop
9. WOW i guess you could easily put schuab here!!!

does Brendan really make the top 10 ufc heavies????

I think there's lots of guys who deserve to be ranked ahead of Schaub that aren't on that list. Kongo, barry, rothwell, struve, etc. The only name that he's beaten so far is Gonzaga, and I really feel like Gonzaga lost that fight more than Schaub won it, in the sense that Gonzaga really didn't even attempt to use his BJJ, with which I believe he would have been able to earn an easy submission.

Post #15   11/5/10 11:44:39AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2