Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges St. Pierre Knows Josh Koscheck Better Than Josh Koscheck

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
So he says...and he even predicts how their UFC 124 rematch ends. "Yeah, I think he’s going to try to put me down. I also think he’s going to try to knock me out with his big right hand but I know him. I’ve been studying so much tape on him, I’ve got to the point where I know Josh Koscheck probably better than he even knows himself. My coaches have been studying him a lot. Being with him on the Ultimate Fighter for eight weeks was a way for me to know him a little bit better as a person and as a fighter.... I knew how he was before I got there. I think he was like that to get inside my head, and to keep the fans entertained. I don’t think he’s a bad person. In a way, I think that’s his way to motivate himself. He likes to be the bad guy.... [I'll ] win, that’s all I can say. Submission or knockout."

Article

Post #1   11/3/10 8:23:19AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Put you down or knock you out standing? which one? If Kos fought like GSP and Fitch -always wrestled-he would be more successful imo. KOS 's striking should be used to set up the takedown, i see more luck taking GSP down, than ko'ing him standing.

gsp by spoonage

Last edited 11/3/10 11:08AM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   11/3/10 11:05:09AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
A confident GSP is tough to beat and he sounds very confident. I thinkk GSP is better wherever this fight goes. Stay clear of the right hand and GSP takes this fight without much difficulty IMO.

Post #3   11/3/10 1:57:59PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,275-1,280
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Put you down or knock you out standing? which one? If Kos fought like GSP and Fitch -always wrestled-he would be more successful imo. KOS 's striking should be used to set up the takedown, i see more luck taking GSP down, than ko'ing him standing.

gsp by spoonage

This myth that GSP is some sort of Lay and pray artist is getting as annoying as all the GSP nuthuggery that comes with one of his fights.

Kos has been to the judges cards more times than GSP in fewer fights, while fighting lesser competition.

Exactly what fight of GSP's was a snoozefest? I can't think of any, Its not like he holds on without advancing or throwing, he's always doing one or the other, what more do you want from him?

I hope facing someone who wants to wrestle will bring back some GSP stand-up that has been missed since his Fitch fight.

Post #4   11/3/10 2:09:29PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG
This myth that GSP is some sort of Lay and pray artist is getting as annoying as all the GSP nuthuggery that comes with one of his fights.

Kos has been to the judges cards more times than GSP in fewer fights, while fighting lesser competition.

Exactly what fight of GSP's was a snoozefest? I can't think of any, Its not like he holds on without advancing or throwing, he's always doing one or the other, what more do you want from him?

I hope facing someone who wants to wrestle will bring back some GSP stand-up that has been missed since his Fitch fight.

Honestly, I think his last fight is the reason people are starting to call him boring. Let's face it; it wasn't exactly all that entertaining. Unfortunately, I think GSP was a little more concerned about Hardy's power than anything and that's why we didn't really see any striking from GSP. That is probably also why he felt the need to figh the way he did against Alves.

In truth, I wish he would bang a bit more as well. He's still great at it, i'll bet. You're not alone in wishing that he would throw more. With luck maybe that's exactly what he'll do.

Post #5   11/3/10 4:46:17PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Chuteboxer

Posted by FlashyG

Honestly, I think his last fight is the reason people are starting to call him boring. Let's face it; it wasn't exactly all that entertaining. Unfortunately, I think GSP was a little more concerned about Hardy's power than anything and that's why we didn't really see any striking from GSP. That is probably also why he felt the need to figh the way he did against Alves.

In truth, I wish he would bang a bit more as well. He's still great at it, i'll bet. You're not alone in wishing that he would throw more. With luck maybe that's exactly what he'll do.

well even though he didn't stand with Hardy, i still found the fight exciting. he didn't just lay in his guard or smother him, but instead he was passing the guard, attempting submissions, landing GnP and being very busy. i am with Flashy G 100% in that GSP will fight the fight that will give him the best chance to win. why would you strike with a striker? why would you wrestle a guy who is better than you at wrestling? GSP is an athlete who knows that in sports you make your opponent play your game and not the other way around. i believe that if he faces Shields you will see the sort of fight he gave to Fitch and then people will hug his nuts and forget everything they said about him. it's one thing if you don't find him exciting, but it really pisses me off when fans have the memory of a goldfish.

btw none of this was targeted at you, Chuteboxer. i just quoted your part of the discussion as a part where i wanted to chime in.

Post #6   11/3/10 5:34:45PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,166-696
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Whoever you are when your hurt or worried you will always go to the one thing you feel most comfortable doing. You won't know what this is untill it happens, GSP had better remember that if he hurts koscheck standing.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #7   11/3/10 6:54:09PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
kos is a good wrestler but at this point i dont think his wrestling is good enought to win the fight for him because GSP's wrestling is a very high caliber as well. GSP is more well rounded than kos but kos for sure has the punching power and GnP to win this fight. i still think GSP will take the W but hes gotta play it smart or hes gonna lose his title.

Post #8   11/3/10 7:28:12PM