Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Texas "Stir Crazy" Horse: Where In The World Is Heath Herring?

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
With his hands seemingly tied by his current (or is it?) UFC contract, he's making ends meet however he can...in his case, acting. "There were a couple of times [since UFC 87] where the UFC wanted me to go overseas and do a fight for them, but it was tough. The UFC would do things like ask me to fight overseas but then only pay for one hotel room for me and my coaching staff. If I’m having to pay for hotel rooms, and they’re making as much money as they are on pay-per-views, it’s just not financially worthwhile for me to take that fight. I’m kind of in a weird deal with the UFC right now. Supposedly I’m free and clear, but the UFC is able to match any offer I get for a year. I’ve had some offers, but I’m not sure if the UFC would let me sign somewhere else ... I definitely miss fighting. I didn’t know anything else for 14 years, and everything I have comes from mixed martial arts. This isn’t what I’m used to doing. Sometimes it gets me down, but I’ve been in eight movies in about two years. It’s weird to not have a fight to look forward to, but I try to keep myself busy with work and have a goal to work towards. Still, sometimes it’s hard not to go stir crazy." He hasn't been seen in UFC since he pulled out of a UFC 99 fight against Cain Velasquez due to illness.

Article

Post #1   11/2/10 11:56:31AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
that dude has got to be one of the hardest fighters to finish. how many times have we seen him some how pull out of real bad situation. i would like to see him fight again just not in the ufc. he could make a fairly successful comeback in another organization.

Post #2   11/2/10 9:48:58PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I've been wondering where he is too. I saw a movie he played the the bad mma guy that was the champ and hard as **** and everything haha and he fought frank mir in a parking lot it was the most random scene ever. mir just walks up and starts asking if he wants to fight hahaha. kimbo was in it too.

Post #3   11/3/10 12:10:15AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I thought the guy was great to watch and think the UFC should absolutely let him go, SF would be foolish to not pick him up if he did in fact get released.....Heath vs Bigfoot, Fedor, and or Overeem=awesome!

Post #4   11/3/10 2:35:49AM