Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Elvis Sinosic- biggest balls in mma !!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Last year he fought 3 times, won 2 lost one. Before ufc 70 fight with bisping he won his last two fights back to back. Im a fan of elvis, he put it all on the line in manchester last night and gets my respect for life. Fighting the crowd favourite after being on a plane for 30 hours, get in the cage and nearly lock a kimura on the best up and coming light heavyweight requires huge balls. I dont think anyone can understand how daunting and nervous that guy could of felt when stepping in to fight last night.
I cant help but think sinosic has only ever fought some of the best without being fully trained. I hope dana gives him another shot in the ufc, he should go train hard and come back for a few more wins. With a good training regeme, we could see the best of sinosic. He's very talented.
Does this guy like to be hit in the face, he was getting battered in an open guard, not the sinosic i know to leave his guard wide open like that.
Like i said, to come in and fight like he did, gets my respect for life. Top guy.
Any thoughts
cheers.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 4/22/07 4:39PM server time by keith-hackney1
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #1   4/22/07 2:32:31PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
It kinds seemed to me like bisping didn't want to stand up with him. Each time they exchanged on the feet elvis came out on top ... well it seemed that way to me. Thats bad news cause if bisping can't take Elvis's standup I don't see him going really far in the rankings.

Bisping is a great fighter no doubt, but I don't get the hype. Elvis came close to winning a fight a true contender would of walked through Elvis IMO. Forrest could handle elvis's standup so it's bad signs for bisping I think. Bisping cleary won the fight, but to me the stand up war seemed to go in favor of elvis. The stand up is supposed to me Bispings strongest skill.

People may not agree, but thats what I seen.

Post #2   4/22/07 3:14:26PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
I put abot 400$ (fantasy money) on Elvis, even though I knew he was an underdog he was still my pick

And yeah I wasn't upset with the fight either, when I saw him almost get the kimura I was jumping up and down I couldn't believe it...

Hat's off to him

Post #3   4/22/07 3:17:02PM   

Kisame

MMA Regular

Kisame Avatar

Career:212-160
Chips:
This exactly what I said while watching the fight. That was pretty incredible what he did even after being beat on and having everyone against him.

Post #4   4/22/07 3:43:30PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:899-614
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I have alot of respect for elvis too it just seems like he gets thrown to the wolves. His training is suspect i have no idea where he trains but if its in australia it cant be top notch. At least hes always willing to throw down and takes his losses in stride and not make excuses

Post #5   4/22/07 3:43:49PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by Kisame

This exactly what I said while watching the fight. That was pretty incredible what he did even after being beat on and having everyone against him.

He gave the fans a fight, even if it meant him taking a beating !!
we were robbed in the AA and machida fights, they dont have big enough balls to go for it.
Props to sinosic !!!

Post #6   4/22/07 4:01:19PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by MakoVictim

I put abot 400$ (fantasy money) on Elvis, even though I knew he was an underdog he was still my pick

And yeah I wasn't upset with the fight either, when I saw him almost get the kimura I was jumping up and down I couldn't believe it...

Hat's off to him

HAHA i had 400 on Bisping....i wasnt jumpin up and down when i seen that Kimura attempt...i was about ready sh1t my pants

Post #7   4/22/07 5:56:54PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by Kisame

we were robbed in the AA and machida fights, they dont have big enough balls to go for it.
Props to sinosic !!!

Poor guy took a beating. Tough, tough guy.

Lyoto Machida is good, but all of his recent fights are boring decisions. Dont think he's the same guy that finished Penn and Franklin anymore... Doesnt seem to have the finishing instinct anymore...

Post #8   4/22/07 5:59:34PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by rcg916

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by Kisame

Props to sinosic !!!

Poor guy took a beating. Tough, tough guy.

Lyoto Machida is good, but all of his recent fights are boring decisions. Dont think he's the same guy that finished Penn and Franklin anymore... Doesnt seem to have the finishing instinct anymore...

He didn't finish Penn btw went to a decision and was a close fight.

Post #9   4/22/07 6:48:51PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
i agree that elvis has got huge balls!!!! he took a beating in the first round and even to get up from that and fight in the second round took massive amounts of courage and to nearly get a submission was unbelievable!!!!!

i think the appreciation from the fans was clear for this show of guts in the fact he got a standing ovation as he left the cage from where i was i coulden't see one single person sat down as he left the cage.....

i always liked elvis i think he gives all he's got during fights but my level of respect for him goes even higher after this fight

Post #10   4/22/07 9:31:02PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,283-797
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
what a great guy.

Post #11   4/23/07 11:24:43AM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
He also came off really well in his interviews, and seemed quite humble. Also heard from various people that met him over the weekend that he was really approachable too.

Compare his loss to the way Koscheck accepted his latest 'win' and I know which fighter I respect more.

Post #12   4/23/07 11:29:51AM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:

Posted by Rich78

He also came off really well in his interviews, and seemed quite humble. Also heard from various people that met him over the weekend that he was really approachable too.

Compare his loss to the way Koscheck accepted his latest 'win' and I know which fighter I respect more.

I liked the way kos accepted his last win, imagine what diego would have been talking if he won

Post #13   4/23/07 11:35:29AM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
I'm not really a fan of Diego either to be honest, I would have preferred a DRAW in their match lol.

Post #14   4/23/07 11:54:44AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Rich78

I'm not really a fan of Diego either to be honest, I would have preferred a DRAW in their match lol.

A double KO would have been nice too

Post #15   4/23/07 12:33:15PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2