Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney Releases Text Messages To Prove He Has Reached Out To Scott Coker

Print  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
After Strikeforce President Scott Coker was quoted saying,"Bjorn's saying he's texting me 11, 12 times an hour. I'm not sure if he's trying to be a level-five clinger or anything like that, but I haven't received one text from the guy...,” on “Savage Dog Show” interview on Sherdog.com. Bellaotr’s CEO, Bjorn Rebney, has responded to what he calls inaccurate claims with the actually text messages sent to Coker.

LINK

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #1   10/31/10 10:25:09AM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
maybe coker changed his number

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   10/31/10 12:47:22PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
let's just hope he only sent text messages

Post #3   10/31/10 1:12:46PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

maybe coker changed his number

That's what I was thinking, it really proves nothing. But now that its in the media it's impossible to ignore. Unless you play like Dana and blatantly lie that you don't see ****.

Post #4   10/31/10 1:54:33PM   

texuspete00

Learning to Sprawl

texuspete00 Avatar

Career:577-296
Camp: Purple Nurple
Chips:
If I label my Mom's number Scott Coker, I could "prove" similar. It's not so much I doubt the legitimacy, just quit the petty stuff.

Post #5   10/31/10 1:59:31PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by texuspete00

If I label my Mom's number Scott Coker, I could "prove" similar. It's not so much I doubt the legitimacy, just quit the petty stuff.

The article said that the original pictures showed Coker's personal number, so that the media could verify, but he asked that they not release the number to the public for obvious reasons.

Anyways, here's what Melendez said in a recent interview:

"“I think we’re getting warmer. You guys are talking about it. Everyone’s talking about it,” Melendez said Wednesday during a “Savage Dog Show” interview on the Sherdog Radio Network. “Someone’s going to get backed into a corner. We’re going to figure out why it’s not happening eventually, and that person’s probably going to be cornered in and they’re probably going to have to give in. Because everyone seems like they’re up for it. Bjorn, Scott, Eddie and I. So there’s something going on where we can’t come to an agreement. I think eventually it’s going to come out, and with media and everyone talking about it, I think we’re getting a lot closer and a lot warmer.”

“Obviously Strikeforce is the bigger promotion than Bellator,” Melendez said. “That could be it. That does seem like it. I’m not sure if it’s [Coker] or what, but I know Scott has co-promoted before. I think if things make sense, it can work out. But yeah, you tell me [what’s preventing the fight]. If you know something I don’t know, let me know.”

Article

What I get from this is that Coker apparently has talked to Melendez about it, and said that he's up for it, yet hasn't contacted anyone from Bellator, and says that Bjorn hasn't contacted him about it. I think Coker is scared that one of his prized fighters will lose. I know Melendez is up for the fight, he will fight anyone, but Coker seems hesistant.

I believe what Bjorn says. He seems like an honest guy, and Bellator isn't that important of a promotion where he would feel that he had to lie. He just wants his fighters to fight some of the best in the world so the promotion will become more popular.

Post #6   10/31/10 3:37:33PM