Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jon Fitch: Moving Up To Middleweight Would Be "Like A 2 Year Process"

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
And he still says it's dependent on Josh Koscheck beating GSP for the UFC Welterweight Title AND Kos defending it once, at which point FItch would likely be in line for his next title shot (Dana says Jake Shields is next). "It would be like a two year process for me to move up a weight class because I have unfinished business at 170. The thing is I would move up if Josh would win the title and defend it. So he’d have to hold on to it for a while. You’re talking about almost a year right there, with a win and defense. In that time I could fight GSP non-title, I could fight Jake Shields, I could fight Martin Kampmann, I could fight Carlos Condit. All those guys could be fought already, and after that there’s not much left to do in front of me. Then that would be the optimum time I would be looking for other challenges if I want to move up a weight class. If there’s no one else for me to compete with at 170 other than Koscheck, I’m going to move up."

Article

Post #1   10/28/10 10:24:40AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I wish he would make the move. I actually think he has the game to give Anderson a go. He has good wrestling and his Sub d is better then Chaels

Post #2   10/28/10 10:49:04AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Yeah a guy like Fitch could definitely beat Silva. But Fitch is probably goona end up runnin into GSP and Shields at middleweight eventually anyways.

Post #3   10/28/10 11:02:12AM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:986-613
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by postman

I wish he would make the move. I actually think he has the game to give Anderson a go. He has good wrestling and his Sub d is better then Chaels

This I definately think he should make the move now

Post #4   10/28/10 1:08:13PM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,043-622
Chips:
He's got better subs and sub D than Chael, but I think he'd get overpowered and probably decisioned or TKO'd. I think the smart move for him is to wait it out in the ww division because Shields and GSP are probably moving to MW pretty soon.

Post #5   10/28/10 1:28:57PM