Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wow, what a night

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I was sitting here on the forum about 3:30am, and I decided I should get some excercise for the day, and figured I'd go ride my bike around a neighborhood next to my house. I was out for about half an hour, and then turned around to head home, when I heard the sound of two cars running full throttle on the street parallel to mine and then a tremendous crash as one hit something hard.

I pedal like a mad man to clear my line of sight to the accident, and theres what used to be a car wrapped sideways around a phone pole, and another car pulling up behind it. Two guys jump out, look into the car and immediately start screaming things like "We've gotta get out of here!" "We can't have the cops see this man!", etc. The next thing I know, I've cleared about 100 yards on foot (For some reason, I actually picked up my bike and ran with it, rather than riding it. Don't ask me why), and I'm at the drivers window telling him to get out, as he'd jumped back in the car and banged a U-turn to flee, leaving the passenger behind.

He argued, but I said something that made him get out and go stand with the passenger, who actually seemed concerned about the dude in the car. I got the impression there was either drugs or money involved with this whole thing as it seemed weird they'd want to flee the scene if nothing was up, besides the fact both the guys smelled like alcohol. The driver was still arguing with the passenger about getting out of there before the cops showed up, so while he was doing that, I reached into the car, shut it off and locked the door so he couldn't escape, and then descreetly reached into my pocket and took the safety off my handgun incase he had a problem with it, which he of course did.

Once again, I don't remember what I said to him, but he backed down momentarily. Unfortunely, I didn't notice his window was down a few inches, so when I went to check on the guy in the wrecked car, he jumped into his car and took off. I couldn't think of a way to stop the car short of shooting out the tires, which would have been a bad idea, so I ran to a neighbor who was on the phone with 911, and gave the operator the licence plate. The 911 operator asked me to check on the driver of the wrecked car, so I looked into the wreck, knowing full well no one inside could have possible survived. I looked into the window and all I saw was hair, skull and blood, so I told her he was probably dead.

The driver of the other car came back after the cops, fire and EMS arrived, and claimed he left to get the dead drivers sister, as they're all related. The story the guys told the cops was that they were chasing the driver, who they thought had stolen the car, and the dude ended up wrecking, as all parties involved were drunk. I get the impression when the guy left he probably ditched some drugs or something, but we'll probably never know.

I'm just glad I was there as a witness, because if I hadn't gotten to the side of the car and made them stay, they probably would have bailed on the accident, although I could have stood to not see a mangled human body.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #1   4/22/07 6:21:10AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Thats crazy man!

at least they didnt hurt any innocent people....

did you actually see the dead body?..that kind of stuff frightens me....I hope i am never near an accident where i must save someone's life,cuz i dont think i could handle it...........it's sounds cruel i know,but at least the guy was already dead and you didnt have to watch him suffer and try to save his life.I dont know how i would live the rest of my life if someone died on me.

Post #2   4/22/07 7:46:24AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Well at least you did the right thing

Respect for carrying a hand gun while out on your bike!

Post #3   4/22/07 12:23:29PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Pfft!....Chuck Norris would of at least shot out the tires of the getaway vehicle...

Post #4   4/22/07 12:50:56PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
props on you doing the right thing, hope that image doesn't traumatize you.

hehe.. why would you carry your bike and not ride it.. =/

Post #5   4/22/07 1:15:18PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,500-932
Chips:
Holy crap!

Post #6   4/22/07 1:43:04PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
U da Man Svartom. Props

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   4/22/07 1:55:17PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Mastodon2

Pfft!....Chuck Norris would of at least shot out the tires of the getaway vehicle...

Post #8   4/22/07 1:55:52PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Thats crazy man!

did you actually see the dead body?..that kind of stuff frightens me....I hope i am never near an accident where i must save someone's life,cuz i dont think i could handle it...........it's sounds cruel i know,but at least the guy was already dead and you didnt have to watch him suffer and try to save his life.I dont know how i would live the rest of my life if someone died on me.

Yeah, the 911 operator asked me to check on the guy to see if there was anything I could do. The car was crumpled all around him, and all I could see was the side of his head and a hand still on the steering wheel. He was missing a hand-size part of his scalp so I could see his skull, and the wound wasn't bleeding, so I knew he was dead right away. The firefighter that busted out the side window to check on him went into the woods and puked, so I'm imaging the other side of his body was probably in worse shape.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #9   4/22/07 6:28:22PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

props on you doing the right thing, hope that image doesn't traumatize you.

hehe.. why would you carry your bike and not ride it.. =/

Like I said, I have no clue. hehehe You figure I'd either ride the bike there, or drop the bike and run, but I ran and carried the bike. I think in traumatic situations like that, people just grab whatever they have at hand and run with it. My dad is a disabled Vietnam vet, and hes told me stories of guys, when morter shells would start dropping in the area, who would grab their lunch and run away without their guns, and shit like that.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #10   4/22/07 6:31:25PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Thats crazy man!

I'm a pretty nervous person myself, and I'm def no a tough guy or anything like that... But when you see other people in that sort of situation, and you know that you are more than able to help, I think it comes down to more guteral reaction than it does logically thinking about a situation...

I guess what I'm talking about is years ago ( I was about 17, so roughly 10years ago) we had gone out to some big bluffs over the Mississippi... There were some guys jumping off of them, but I'm not so good with heights, so I just stood on top and shuddered whenever I looked down...

Anyways to make a long story short some drunk guy jumped off and then tried climbing back up the sid eof the bluff, instead of the path that takes you to the top, about 3/4 of the way up he slippped and crashed all over the rocks on the way down...

Everyone just stood there in shock, and I thought I was too, but before I knew it I was over the cliff and in the water... I did my best to drag him to shore and luckily he survived, but he took quite a beating from it, and was never quite the same....

I guess all I'm trying to say is that you can surprise your self some times, if I had to think about if, I wouldn't have jumped off that bluff, but all you really see is this guy beaten up and about drown, and your body makes up your mind for you...

Sorry about the long post, well done "Hammer of the Mods"... It's good to know that there are people like you around

Post #11   4/22/07 11:45:15PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Thats actually part of the "Fight or Flight" syndrome. Some people will freeze, some people will remove themselves from a situation and some will make an attempt to do something about it.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #12   4/22/07 11:52:20PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Heres an article from the paper

Kind of lacking in info, and "speed may have been a factor" is a huge understatement. I walked by the site heading to the store today and you can see where the car was literally airborne, flying sideways for about 50 feet before hitting. The guy must have been going over 80mph.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #13   4/23/07 2:49:17AM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:

The utility pole wasn’t severely damaged and didn’t have to be replaced, they added.

Well, THANK GOD for that! I mean was that really worth mentioning.

Post #14   4/23/07 12:03:37PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Wow, apparently survival insticts are not in this families genetics. I get home from work, and theres a car parked completely across my driveway, and two women standing there taking pictures of the wreath and flowers they left for him at the pole.......IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! Keep in mind I live on a highway. You figure when you're at a memorial for someone who just died, you'd be mindful of not walking backwards into the road and getting killed yourself.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #15   4/23/07 10:13:04PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2