Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar learns of Sonnen's comments

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

lohmann has a point, but i still find myself liking him. its not like this is the first time brock has gone over the top about mexicans. i have to admit that the clip cracks me up though.

link

Post #16   10/22/10 9:49:57AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

If Brock wins tomorrow he'll have more title defenses than any other UFC heavyweight with three.

I was shocked to learn Arlovski and Sylvia each only had two, and against far worse competition than Brock has faced.

Post #17   10/22/10 10:36:18AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I started liking Lesnar around the same time I started to despise Mir.

Post #18   10/22/10 10:50:53AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I'm glad the days of "he never deserved a title shot to begin with," are seemingly over.

Post #19   10/22/10 11:12:56AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

I'm glad the days of "he never deserved a title shot to begin with," are seemingly over.

For the most part. There are still those who attempt to play that card.

Post #20   10/22/10 11:21:02AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Said he would celebrate his victory over Cain Velasquez by drinking a Corona and eating a burrito. Under the persona, there's still somebody I don't like.

Come on Cain.

I just saw that on the primetime two seconds ago and I was less than pleased with that comment. I find it racist and stereotypical.

Way to go Brock.

Post #21   10/22/10 3:11:12PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Said he would celebrate his victory over Cain Velasquez by drinking a Corona and eating a burrito. Under the persona, there's still somebody I don't like.

Come on Cain.

Just when I found myself not hating him so much anymore . . . .

Post #22   10/22/10 3:18:39PM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

For the most part. There are still those who attempt to play that card.

Yeah me, regardless of what he has done as champ how does a loss then a win over Heath Herring validate a title shot

Yes he has clearly demonstrated he is a champ, but that does not make people wrong when they said he did not deserve the title shot,
His track record validates any future title shots should he lose but not a previous title shot.
So Mir vs Nog could not be scrapped when Couture came back ok
Werdum was on a two fight win streak while the fight was being put together
one of the wins over the previous title contender ( Gonzaga )
They could have put Dos Santos against Lesnar and Werdum against Couture
changes the landscape pretty fast...

But yeah the more Humble Brock is refreshing
I like respectful champions in my sport

Last edited 10/22/10 3:20PM server time by focker101
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   10/22/10 3:18:48PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by lohmann

Come on Cain.

I just saw that on the primetime two seconds ago and I was less than pleased with that comment. I find it racist and stereotypical.

Way to go Brock.

Well if you knew anything about Mexicans you'd know that it's not racist or stereotypical at all, but completely true. My wife is Mexican, I know a thing or two about them it was actually freakin' hilarious

Post #24   10/22/10 6:36:12PM   

theruler_

MMA Regular

theruler_ Avatar

Career:47-28
Chips:
i also much prefer the "new" brock lesnar. still, i don't give him much chance against cain.

Post #25   10/22/10 7:53:35PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I hope you guys are right about it being a "new" Brock lesnar. Personally I think he's the same guy with a better PR campaign. Maybe that's just the cynic in me.

He still makes comments every now and then that I think show his true face (like the comment about Corona and burritos). Most of his "humble champion" comments come across as very fake IMO.

I'd rather him be a real-cocky-douche than a fake-humble-champion though. It's the same way I feel about Tom Brady. These guys earn the right to be a little full of themselves. Brock knows that he can beat the living hell out of 99.9% of the human race, that's kinda an ego booster.

Post #26   10/23/10 1:43:11AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I hope you guys are right about it being a "new" Brock lesnar. Personally I think he's the same guy with a better PR campaign. Maybe that's just the cynic in me.

He still makes comments every now and then that I think show his true face (like the comment about Corona and burritos). Most of his "humble champion" comments come across as very fake IMO.

I'd rather him be a real-cocky-douche than a fake-humble-champion though. It's the same way I feel about Tom Brady. These guys earn the right to be a little full of themselves. Brock knows that he can beat the living hell out of 99.9% of the human race, that's kinda an ego booster.

i don't think he is being fake at all. he isn't acting like GSP, it is just that after his diverticulitis scare hes been acting a lot different. the corona and burritos comment wasnt't even that bad and it is funny to me how many people get butt hurt over it. i'm not saying you are, i'm just commenting on the reaction of a lot of the members on here. he will always be cocky, the guy has won at everything he has ever done, so of course he is going to have an arrogance. it is just that this time around it is less in your face and seems less fake. before he seemed to be acting to everyones perception of him, now it seems like he is staying more true to the Brock Lesnar that existed before pro-wrestling.

Post #27   10/23/10 2:24:42AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by lohmann

Come on Cain.

Way to go Brock.

Well if you knew anything about Mexicans you'd know that it's not racist or stereotypical at all, but completely true. My wife is Mexican, I know a thing or two about them it was actually freakin' hilarious

I tend to date Mexicans. My godson is Mexican, my best friend, who's on this site as well, is brown. haha I'm the whitest Mexican you'll ever meet.

Post #28   10/23/10 10:12:32AM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Post #29   10/24/10 9:50:06PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2