Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

*Pic of Cro Cops ankle

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I think that might actually be the new "Most brutal KO". Previous I thought it was Tank KOing Steve Nelmark, but this one was basically the same, plus an ankle.

I have to 2nd that. I watched it several times now. His are eyes rolled back, partially open, brutal stuff.

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #16   4/22/07 1:07:34PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
white said if AA won werdum he'd get a crack at the winner of gonzaga/couture

Post #17   4/22/07 1:11:35PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by keith-hackney1

Im actually very happy, i picked gonzaga to win. He was very underated before this fight. He's a monster in the gym and is so quick for a heavyweight. Is CC really that good?? he's a kickboxer in mma for god sake, any great fighter who stays away from his legs and hands can beat him, Everyone in pride tried to outstrike a great striker, and lost. I have always thought CC was very beatable ever since randleman ko'd him. Nog submitted him, and now GG ko's him. He's a great striker, but doesnt cross train enough.
Good thing is, we will see him fight AA or sylvia when he returns.

I would have to agree. They even mentioned last night that Cro Cop refuses to train with a cage? The cage and the ring are two completely different elements and Cro Cop is still training in a ring? That's just lack of preparation.

Also, it did not seem as if he was prepared for a massive raining of elbows when Gonzaga was ground and pounding him. I think Cro Cop is having a hard time making adjustments to the UFC.

The question is, where does he go from here? Does he fight Arlovski now? Does he fight Tim Sylvia, Brandon Vera, Big Nog, who?

Its got to be sylvia or AA. If he gets squared up as a main event against kongo. i wont bother to watch. CC is still no 3 in ufc heavyweight title ranks.
I think dana should buy him a cage to train in before he makes his comeback fight.

Post #18   4/22/07 2:13:55PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1
I think dana should buy him a cage to train in before he makes his comeback fight.

Some elbow defense from the guard would be nice too.

Post #19   4/22/07 3:15:06PM   

garrick

MMA Regular

garrick Avatar

Career:222-122
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:
I picked CC, might have been because of all the hype about him. All they would talk about is how good he is. Gonzaga showed me he's the real deal with taking out the international superstar. I think we'll do well against Couture. He reminds me of a younger Randy, strong, good wrestler, and not afraid of anyone.

Post #20   4/22/07 4:14:40PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:
I picked him because he tore threw Barnett and Wandy in one night just 7 months ago!

Post #21   4/22/07 5:19:22PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,254
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Personally I doubt it, Im not doctor but I know enough about human physiology to know that when you twist a limb resulting in breakage its useless until its healed, IE you most likely not walk on an ankle broken in that manner, and not make a fist or grip anything with a wrist broken in that manner.

Depends on how bad the break is and where the break is. Certain breaks, like a femur or pelvis will completely immobilize you, and if you break both leg bones, you're pretty well had it, but I've wanted on a broken leg and broken ankle (not at the same time, but on two seperate occasions), and I know people who have done so with ankless as well. I think its just the way the leg and ankle are formed, where there is really no where for the bones to go except right back where they belong. Similar to knee dislocations, where they usually pop back into place on their own.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #22   4/22/07 6:21:17PM   

p_unit23

MMA Regular

p_unit23 Avatar

Career:532-297
Chips:
nasty.

Post #23   4/22/07 7:23:09PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by keith-hackney1

Some elbow defense from the guard would be nice too.

Completely agree, he was not prepared for the elbows.

Post #24   4/22/07 7:43:34PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
Personally I doubt it, Im not doctor but I know enough about human physiology to know that when you twist a limb resulting in breakage its useless until its healed, IE you most likely not walk on an ankle broken in that manner, and not make a fist or grip anything with a wrist broken in that manner. However, nothing is impossible, so it may have been broken. It probably is sprained though, which would keep him off training for a little while, but I think its gonna take more than a few weeks for CC to get back in the gym.

i think the fact he was KO'd was the only thing that saved him from really doing damage to his ankle...

when your unconcious your body is unbelievably flexible

Last edited 4/22/07 9:41PM server time by chentay2112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   4/22/07 9:39:53PM   

rameydl8

Standup Guy

rameydl8 Avatar

Career:354-206
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:
i thought he was dead...

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #26   4/22/07 11:32:00PM   

ghosty82

Learning to Sprawl

ghosty82 Avatar

Career:259-123
Camp: UKFF
Chips:

i think the fact he was KO'd was the only thing that saved him from really doing damage to his ankle...

Yeah, I think that's why he's not got any major damage. You either go limp as hell or stiff as a board, luckily for him he didn't tense right up from the KO or he could have ****** his leg up pretty bad.

Post #27   4/23/07 5:22:40AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2