Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: "Frank Shamrock is an irrelevant, two faced, phony, liar..."

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When asked about Frank Shamrock's recent comments about MMA in Mew York State Dana replied bluntly:

"Frank Shamrock's an irrelevant idiot ... This guy's the biggest two faced jerkoff that I have ever met in my life ... What Frank doesn't talk about is how he flew out to my office and tried to make up and make everything alright ... Hey Frank, you're a liar and a two faced chump."

VIDEO

Last edited 10/21/10 9:22AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   10/21/10 9:21:37AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Watched this interview last night. Helwani is the best in the biz. Makes me love Dana even more.

Post #2   10/21/10 9:53:15AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I agree with Dana on this one.

Post #3   10/21/10 10:13:44AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dana is completely right. I didn't like hearing about Shamrock take a shot at Shields, when I just watched him suck up to Shields after the Henderson fight.

"I'm now a Jake Shields fan."

Yeah, when your face to face so he doesn't wreck your ass.

Post #4   10/21/10 6:26:44PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Dana calling someone a liar????

Dana came to Frank after Zuffa bought out the UFC and wanted him in. Frank says he didn't like the way they where heading and didn't rejoin the promotion.

Don't get me wrong I love the UFC. But I think Franks point what almost prophetic to a degree.

Frank maybe a lot of things but he's not a phony.
He was the UFC champ and in his day one of the best,if not for a time "the" best.

Last edited 10/21/10 7:23PM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   10/21/10 7:14:18PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Dana came to Frank after Zuffa bought out the UFC and wanted him in. Frank says he didn't like the way they where heading and didn't rejoin the promotion.

Don't get me wrong I love the UFC. But I think Franks point what almost prophetic to a degree.

He was the UFC champ and in his day one of the best,if not for a time "the" best.

Post #6   10/22/10 11:56:15AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

Posted by mrsmiley

This is what sparked it. Honestly, I think Frank has a noble point. I can see why Dana would be upset, but I think it's halarious he called Frank a phony:

AH: That's you? That's on your shoulders?

FS: Who else is going to do it?

AH: Well, the UFC has poured in a lot of money.

FS: It's not money that we need.

AH: What do we need?

FS: Education. People need to understand martial arts. American martial arts needs to be supported in our community. That's the point they are not getting across.

AH: So what do you think? Is it just having a guy such as yourself here opening up a school, right?

FS: Yeah, I'm opening up a school.

AH: Are you going to go to Albany and stuff and talk to the policticians?

FS: I've already with the commission, with hopefully the governor-elect pretty soon. I'm working with Jeff Blatnik. I'm really serious. You know I've spoken to the Nevada athletic commission to approve mixed martial arts. I've been in this sport for way too long for it not to be legal in New York. That's just nuts.

AH: That is nuts. I remember we were working on that Ecko MMA thing and you were standing in front of Madison Square Garden -- It's amazing in New York, it's such a forward thinking city and state, and now they're sorta behind the times here in MMA. It's almost surreal that they are so slow to warm up to MMA. What do you think that is?

FS: Well, I mean, frankly, that's how I always speak, the face of our sport is Dana White and out here in conservative New York, the way people think, bald-headed, tattoo'd, swearing people are just not a good representative of our brand and unfortunately people think that Dana White speaks for MMA, and they're confused," Shamrock said Monday on The MMA Hour. "They don't know he speaks for UFC. They think he speaks for the entire sport and the entire sport is made up of Dana Whites.

AH: But that said, I understand there are some people who don't like him, I mean, Don King, there are a lot of bad people in boxing. All those people have held events in New York. He's a promoter at the end of the day, he owns a portion of the UFC, but there are a lot of bad people who put on a lot of events here in New York City, right? You really think it's all on him?

FS: I don't think it's all on him, but I think we've entered a new era of social media and Dana is a very outspoken figure in every way, mostly with the f-bomb and all that. I'm a martial artist. To me, the art is the most important thing. I don't get the same thing from Dana, that's all."

AH: What do you mean by that?

FS: I don't believe Dana White is a martial artist. I don't see a martial way that he is following.

AH: Ah, okay. But he never comes out and says he's a martial artist, you mean just by his vocabulary and things like that he's not part of the culture?

FS: It's what he does.

AH: He doesn't represent?

FS: Yeah, it's what he does, how he acts and how he presents our sport, which they've labeled UFC. I've got no problem making money and doing business. That's wonderful, but we're martial arts, we're American martial arts, the only American martial art, the first American martial art and we have a responsibility to presents martial arts, in my opinion, in a certain way with a certain level of respect, and Dana being the face, he doesn't get that you can't speak that way and then have the public respect you as a caring martial artist. And to me it's about the art.

AH: You've come out guns blazing today, Frank. I like this.

FS: This is what I do. (Laughs.) I'm Mr. honest. I have truths-tourettes. Truth pops out of head, pops right out of my mouth.

AH: Let me ask you this. Since you've been talking to people, while you've been here. Has anyone said to you the reason why the sport has not been legalized in New York is because of Dana White and the UFC.

FS: In no uncertain terms, what they have said is, "The appearance of the sport is something we're not ready for," and the appearance of the sport is Dana White and the UFC because no one else has been here in the media and explain it and has credibility, who's done it. Dana White's never been in a fight. I know what the art is and I'm here to represent it. I think that's what we need. We need a different face, so people can say, "Hey! That guy's alright. Let's follow him!' instead of 'I can't shave my head, I'm not interested in tattoos, and I'm not comfortable with the f-word."

Post #7   10/22/10 6:34:52PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
correct sir !!!

Post #8   10/22/10 9:42:24PM