Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Cheick Kongo Wanted A "High-Crotch", Not A Handful Of Shorts

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
And no, a "high-crotch" doesn't involve grabbing "down there". But that's the viewpoint of Wolfslair Muay Thai coach Dave Jaclson on the grab that resulted in Kongo-Trais Browne being a draw. "My take on it is that it was something of a simple, honest mistake. He looked to me like he was reaching between Browne’s legs looking to get a position for a high-crotch or something, but just coming away with a handful of shorts each time.” Kongo also dealt with dirty fighter accusations after beating Mirko Cro Cop at UFC 75 in a fight where Kongo landed multiple knees to the groin without penalty.

Article

Post #1   10/20/10 7:11:16PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Well if you want to see pain, you tune into a Cheick Kongo fight, you can count on at least 3 nut shots per fight...

Post #2   10/20/10 7:17:54PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Yeah, I'm sorry but Kongo's reputation as a dirty fighter is well earned. I wasn't the least bit suprised to see "questionable tactics" against Browne.

Post #3   10/20/10 9:35:16PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
yeah honestly, the guy was long due for some point deductions. I'm amazed that it didn't come as a result of a groin strike.

I don't know if he's "dirty" or not but I know he sure as hell needs to learn how to aim his strikes if he's not doing it intentionally.

Post #4   10/21/10 1:43:40AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I'll tell you what is straight BS- Kongo committed the SAME penalty at least 5 times AFTER he was deducted a point for it. Now that is complete and utter BS on the part of the ref. I cannot begin to explain how absolutely pissed off I was to sit there and watch the referee let it happen. Especially because he clearly saw it happening and even pulled Kongo's hand away several times. He knew it was going on- he knew Kongo had been deducted already... why did he let it continue without further point deductions or worse???

Kongo has more than earned his dirty reputation IMO. There's a lot more I'd like to say that I can't say.

Post #5   10/21/10 2:02:43AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,947-1,203
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
check kongos eye sight

Post #6   10/21/10 8:46:08AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Yeah Kongo's tactics have always been a bit shady. You can bet the house he is going to knee his opponent in the crotch at least once! And the shorts thing was ridiculous. He didnt stop after being penelized!! The ref should have at least taken another point. If not disqualified him for blatantly dissobeying the rules! I know it would be a shame if a guy was DQ'd for holding the shorts, but Kongo took it too far. He totaly disregarded anything the ref said or did!

Post #7   10/21/10 7:08:25PM