Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

"Matt Hughes Is A Dick. A Talented Dick."

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Serra really seems like a really great guy and he doesn't pull any punches. Not even against a dangerous fella like Hughes. Even though I don't enjoy Serras fights very much I hope he continues to be successful in MMA.

Post #31   4/24/07 9:23:07PM   

d_block07

MMA Regular

d_block07 Avatar

Career:150-70
Camp: Team Punishment 2007
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I have a feeling that Hughes might retire if he wins the belt back.

If he gets the belt back hes gonna go up to middleweight and go after that belt

and he is not a dick just because he was messin with GSP on TUF 4 for a little u could argue that matt serra is one for saying that. I personally hope hughes picks Serra up walks him across the ring and slams him down as hard as he can.

Post #32   4/25/07 10:36:02AM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Career:294-174
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I agree the only time Hughes cam off as a dick was on the reality show which lets face it except for the fights isn't exactly reality. the show was edited so we don't have the whole story. The second time he came across as a dick was before GSP fights but i think that's purely Hype. He's not the most class full person but he's definitely not a dick. I personally think he can take serra and if he decides to use his ground game i give him a good chance against GSP.

Post #33   4/25/07 9:09:43PM   

BadSanta

Banned

Career:45-27
Chips:

Posted by MattHughesFan

I agree the only time Hughes cam off as a dick was on the reality show which lets face it except for the fights isn't exactly reality. the show was edited so we don't have the whole story. The second time he came across as a dick was before GSP fights but i think that's purely Hype. He's not the most class full person but he's definitely not a dick. I personally think he can take serra and if he decides to use his ground game i give him a good chance against GSP.

I believe that there is additional evidence to prove that you should change your moniker.

Post #34   4/27/07 12:33:01AM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Chips:
do tell.....

Post #35   4/27/07 10:22:51PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by MattHughesFan

Honestly, he reminds me of the typical midwest farmboy, work hard not smart, book learnin only matters for scientists. ignorant one way mentality that is prevelant all through the middle of the country. Especially for midwesterners who do excell at sports. He doesn't respect any other "road to the dance" than the one he's taken. But ya'know what? His path is pretty limited, he has used his assetts as well as possible, but he's not Fedor.... he doesn't have the most well rounded game (striking is severely lacking) he just works what he has well. Same as any other fighter... IDK, I just couldn't stand him as a person, the more we see of that.... the less I like him. I thinks this prob'ly speaks for a lot of us.

Post #36   4/28/07 5:14:33AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:
Give me GSP pulling off a rematch!! I see Hughes with the win over serra too! I got no problem with Matt Serra, but I got GSP or Hughes! I ready to throw down when the bouts happen!

Post #37   4/28/07 10:31:14AM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
I think what people see his Hughes kinda going out of his way to try to get guys. His confidense can go to extreme cockiness, which puts people off considering how he lost to GSP. He acts like he is still king of the WW world and hes not. Serra on the other seems like a guy who goes about his bussiness and only makes comments like that if he is asked.

Post #38   4/29/07 1:24:19PM   

d_block07

MMA Regular

d_block07 Avatar

Career:150-70
Camp: Team Punishment 2007
Chips:
Serra went out of his way to call Matt Hughes a dick on the air, he must have wanted joe rogan to think he's cool. just playin. but im not gettin that vibe form matt hughes. He hasnt really said much that soembody could judge him for excpet for on TUF. which was hilarious. and what do u expect, the GSP was his next opponent, he was friendly and was messin artound a little bit. hes not the nicest guy but hes not Dick. he is talented though

Post #39   4/30/07 3:37:55PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
That was a smartmouth comment, in which is awesome. I used to like Matt Serra alot. But when he was on TUF he was only wrestling. His boxing is amazing! He is the Chuck Liddell of Welterweights! He will beat Matt Hughes, in the 1st round if he throws bombs like his last fight with GSP.

Post #40   4/30/07 6:38:38PM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Chips:
The Hughes Serra match will take place on the ground. Hughes has learned his lesson and serra won't get the chance to box with Hughes. the fighting will all take place on the ground

Post #41   4/30/07 9:02:33PM   

Sopena66669

MMA Regular

Career:30-7
Chips:
i cant stand matt serras accent but his personality is awesome

Post #42   5/1/07 1:02:22PM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Hey who say's this is a three way tussle. Are we not forgeting the heat, he beat Sera and lost a close decision to GSP and has never been given a chance at Hughs, Personally I think Karo is the most technically gifted out of the four mentioned while GSP is the most natural athlete.

Last edited 5/3/07 6:28AM server time by methodman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #43   5/3/07 6:27:20AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by MethodMan

Hey who say's this is a three way tussle. Are we not forgeting the heat, he beat Sera and lost a close decision to GSP and has never been given a chance at Hughs, Personally I think Karo is the most technically gifted out of the four mentioned while GSP is the most natural athlete.

im a huge fan of karos but i dont know that hes technically more gifted than any of those 3, but i do know that if he gets past burkman IMO hes right there along with the winner of kos/gsp(which is being negotiated right now) for a shot at serra/hughes. i know he lost to diego but his title shot is LONG overdue. i like hughes, hes as good of a fighter as the ufc has ever seen, but theres something about matt serras personality that is completely likeable which may have me pulling for him in this one.

Post #44   5/3/07 6:40:41AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3