Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Is The Winner Of Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields The Perfect Matchup For Jon Fitch?

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Fitch thinks so, and he probably wouldn't mind getting it before his next title shot. "The next time a title shot is coming around is probably going to be a while, so I'm kinda thinking I might wanna fight again before the title shot. The winner of Kampmann-Shields would be a perfect match-up. I've known Jake [Shields] for a long time. He's a good friend of mine. I'm all about fighting the best guys in the world and we've known for a long time that this day would probably come where we'd have to fight. So be it."

Article

Post #1   10/12/10 1:17:04PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Shields vs Fitch could be good in style at least on paper but could end up being a snoozer.

Post #2   10/12/10 1:23:19PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Shields vs Fitch could be good in style at least on paper but could end up being a snoozer.

I would definitely predict the latter. I like Martin Kampmann in either match up. Neither men have the knockout power that he's susceptible to.

Post #3   10/12/10 1:28:37PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by gartface

I would definitely predict the latter. I like Martin Kampmann in either match up. Neither men have the knockout power that he's susceptible to.

First off I think Jake winning and fighting Fitch would be a great grappling war to watch.
Secondly I would hope you're not saying Fitch is susceptible to being knocked out as we've all seen what he endured from GSP and he's never been knocked out in the UFC.

Too bad for this, honestly I think either Fitch or Shields would beat Anderson. I think neither really have a chance against GSP unless Jake can unbottle some lightning on GSP early.

Post #4   10/12/10 2:00:03PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Posted by gartface

First off I think Jake winning and fighting Fitch would be a great grappling war to watch.
Secondly I would hope you're not saying Fitch is susceptible to being knocked out as we've all seen what he endured from GSP and he's never been knocked out in the UFC.

Too bad for this, honestly I think either Fitch or Shields would beat Anderson. I think neither really have a chance against GSP unless Jake can unbottle some lightning on GSP early.

He's saying Kampmann is susceptible to getting KO'd and that neither Fitch or Shields are a big threat to KO him.

Post #5   10/12/10 2:03:13PM   

aristipe

MMA Regular

Career:-
Chips:
If Shields beats Kampmann, he should immediately get a title shot at GSP, for the simple reason that GSP is very quickly running out of credible challengers. Jon Fitch is a very dangerous fight for Jake Shields. And if Fitch beats Shields, then there's no one left to challenge GSP, unless you look forward to a GSP vs Fitch II

Post #6   10/12/10 2:04:31PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:
sounds like Fitch doesnt have much faith in his team mate beating GSP.

Post #7   10/12/10 2:38:39PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by emfleek
He's saying Kampmann is susceptible to getting KO'd and that neither Fitch or Shields are a big threat to KO him.

Thank you.

Last edited 10/12/10 3:07PM server time by gartface
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   10/12/10 3:02:30PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by emfleek

Thank you.

sorry. I do think his wrestling is not enough to keep him standing for 1 solid minute of either fight though.

Post #9   10/12/10 6:07:55PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Fitch thinks so, and he probably wouldn't mind getting it before his next title shot. "I've known Jake [Shields] for a long time. He's a good friend of mine."

You're willin to fight shields, so why the F-U-C-K won't you fight Kos or Swick if they're good friends too?

Post #10   10/13/10 2:02:39AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by DCRage

Fitch thinks so, and he probably wouldn't mind getting it before his next title shot. "I've known Jake [Shields] for a long time. He's a good friend of mine."

You're willin to fight shields, so why the F-U-C-K won't you fight Kos or Swick if they're good friends too?

Because it's not about fighting people he's friends with, it's about fighting people from his camp. I wouldn't share all my secrets with, and try to improve potential future opponents of mine.

When Sherk fought Hughes he had to leave the Militech camp to do so, and not just for training, for life.

Post #11   10/13/10 3:17:34AM