Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diaz-Miller Rivalry Continues At SF, Coker Open To Fight

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
There nearly was another brawl at last night's Strikeforce event, but this time we wouldn't have seen it because it was backstage. Nick Diaz & Jason Miller nearly came to blows after last night's event and had to be separated by Showtime officials. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said Diaz needs rest following a unanimous decision victory over K.J. Noons in this past Saturday's event, but he's not opposed to a grudge match between the welterweight champion and "Bully Beatdown" host. According to a source who witnessed the scene, Diaz and Miller locked eyes while passing each other in the hallway between the dressing rooms and the pressroom as the post-event press conference took place. Words were exchanged, and Diaz allegedly threw a water bottle at Miller. The two were immediately broken up by members of their respective camps and Showtime officials. A Showtime official later confirmed the incident with MMAjunkie but downplayed its significance. Coker reacted with surprise when told of the near-scuffle following the press conference. While he pointed to a different path for Diaz during the meeting – Diaz could meet either the winner of a Dec. 4 bout between Scott Smith and Paul Daley or perhaps Brazilian brawler Evangelista "Mr. Cyborg" Santos – he isn't opposed to having the rivals settle their score inside the Strikeforce cage.

Article

Post #1   10/10/10 10:38:24AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I thought KJ won every round, vs Diaz,...cept "maybe" one rd.
and to top it off,
KJ outstruck DIAZ nearly 2/1

Diaz daley diaz cyborg is good,

but Diaz at MW seems better

diaz vs Miller
vs jacare -awesome
vs lawler
vs hendo
rockhold and linland

Post #2   10/10/10 11:04:17AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't know what to think about Diaz. On one hand, I like that he has the bad boy image, but on the other hand, he doesn't represent the sport very well. I guess there are bad apples in every sport, but he seems to take it a step to far, a bit to much for my liking.

I think Diaz would pick Miller apart on the feet. If Diaz fancies himself as a boxer that can stand with anybody, give him Daley and see how he deals with his power.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   10/10/10 11:18:12AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,134-678
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I don't know what to think about Diaz. On one hand, I like that he has the bad boy image, but on the other hand, he doesn't represent the sport very well. I guess there are bad apples in every sport, but he seems to take it a step to far, a bit to much for my liking.

I think Diaz would pick Miller apart on the feet. If Diaz fancies himself as a boxer that can stand with anybody, give him Daley and see how he deals with his power.

First off i agree that i could see Daley destroying Diaz standing, and i dont think anyone really in the division is a match for Daley standing

What made me laugh is Diaz representing the sport and having Daleys name, even noted in the same post about representing the sport. Im British so im a big fan of Daley, but neither Nick or Semtex represent the sport very well

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #4   10/10/10 12:09:45PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,591-1,613
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

and to top it off,

I gotta disagree on that one I only had KJ winning one maybe two, But it was close. I think the compustrike stats showed Diaz landing more (not 100% on that though)

Post #5   10/10/10 12:51:08PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,384-1,280
Chips:
i havent seen the fight yet i had to dvr it last night

but yeah miller vs diaz has to happen and can happen while strikeforce figures out a number one contender at welterweight for diaz

Post #6   10/10/10 1:15:26PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,730-1,505
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

and to top it off,

Diaz daley diaz cyborg is good,

but Diaz at MW seems better

diaz vs Miller
vs jacare -awesome
vs lawler
vs hendo
rockhold and linland

You cant be serious bro I thought Noons won a couple rds but there is no way he won the fight thats just outrageous!!!!!!!!

Post #7   10/10/10 1:48:50PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kopower

First off i agree that i could see Daley destroying Diaz standing, and i dont think anyone really in the division is a match for Daley standing

What made me laugh is Diaz representing the sport and having Daleys name, even noted in the same post about representing the sport. Im British so im a big fan of Daley, but neither Nick or Semtex represent the sport very well

Are you referring to the Strikforce welterweight division? Because I can name some guys at WW who are better strikers than Daley. Nick Thompson, who's by no means a world class striker, just out-struck Daley not too long ago in MFC.

Post #8   10/10/10 1:58:39PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
sigh.......

Post #9   10/10/10 2:17:34PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,713-961
Chips:
I don't like Diaz. His personality and actions seem borderline delinquent, like he has a chip on his shoulder and tries to act like a badass all the time.

I hope Miller beats his ass if this fight happens.

Post #10   10/10/10 2:20:54PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,134-678
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kopower

Are you referring to the Strikforce welterweight division? Because I can name some guys at WW who are better strikers than Daley. Nick Thompson, who's by no means a world class striker, just out-struck Daley not too long ago in MFC.

Yeah i'll admit that Nick Thompson did beat him, what 18 months ago? How much has Semtex improved since then?
And how much as Nick Thompson improved since then?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #11   10/10/10 2:46:41PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kopower

Yeah, I was just talking about Diaz. Daley hasn't done himself any favors either. With all the trash talking Diaz does in a fight, a fight between them could get real ugly.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #12   10/10/10 2:48:18PM   

Wand_is_GOD

MMA Regular

Wand_is_GOD Avatar

Career:97-61
Chips:
I can't stand Diaz he needs to get suspended for a year teach him a lesson .

Post #13   10/10/10 6:43:11PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,616-882
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Yeah i'll admit that Nick Thompson did beat him, what 18 months ago? How much has Semtex improved since then?

Daley's problem in that fight was that Nick Thompson was able to keep him at bay by staying out of Daley's relatively short reach and just landing some weak jabs over and over again. Nobody Daley's fought since then has the same sort of size and length of Thompson (except maybe Hazelett, who just stood in close and let Daley punch him in the face).

Nick Diaz would probably do something similar to what Thompson did. Then we'll see how much Daley has improved since then.

Post #14   10/10/10 7:49:53PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kaduey

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kopower

Thompson improving more than Daley in the last 18 months is irrelevant. And how has Daley really improved? He has always been an explosive striker with zero ground game. I haven't really seen much change.

Post #15   10/11/10 9:22:39AM