Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Did Cage Potato Finally Go Too Far Today?

Print  
Did Cage Potato Ruin It This Time?
Yes, Dammit 4 12%
No, Thankfully 7 21%
Draw, In The Middle 0 0%
No Contest, Don't Care Either Way 7 21%
Doesn't Matter, Arianny Is Still HOT 14 41%
Only Thing They Could Ruin Is DON KING!! 2 6%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Sounds like it. Here's the deal: Today is/was the day that a certain adult magazine that we all read FOR THE ARTICLES (seriously) featuring a certain UFC ring girl hit newsstands. Naturally CP put together a contest asking people to get the mag, scan the pics and send them in. The result: One en fuego Arianny.

CP has since removed the pictures. I didn't see them, apparently it all happened while I was at work tonight (I can buy mags there, just not adult ones and a site where I can buy it LEGALLY online doesn't have it up. Yet) But don't cry fo rme Arianny, they didn't ruin it for me.
But anyway...back to the topic at hand-what say you about this whole fiasco? And don't post links to the pics, please. Against the rules and it'll get all of us in trouble!

Post #1   10/8/10 11:23:22PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Meh. Who cares?

Post #2   10/8/10 11:54:36PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
They did.

But as Rogan says "you can't stop the internet"

Post #3   10/9/10 12:28:46AM   

zxandu

MMA Regular

zxandu Avatar

Career:258-224
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
What magazine was this?

Post #4   10/9/10 1:33:03AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:
It's in the first post.

Post #5   10/9/10 7:09:52AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:
What's funny is all they took down was the link to them...the photos are still accessible on their site.

Post #6   10/9/10 8:37:44AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I don't get why this is a step to far? It would have gone relatively unnoticed if Arianny hadn't blew it out of proportion on twitter.

Pictures get leaked all the time, its not like its huge news or taking it a step to far insulting one of the fighters. Its releasing a poor quality picture that was due for release 12 hours later...

Thats about as big news as finding out about a fight on twitter before the UFC officially announces it

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   10/9/10 9:49:26AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sherdog had a lot of uploads as well.

Post #8   10/9/10 12:44:40PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I don't get why this is a step to far? It would have gone relatively unnoticed if Arianny hadn't blew it out of proportion on twitter.

Pictures get leaked all the time, its not like its huge news or taking it a step to far insulting one of the fighters. Its releasing a poor quality picture that was due for release 12 hours later...

Thats about as big news as finding out about a fight on twitter before the UFC officially announces it

My guess is for 2 reasons: The obvious-copyright, and that maybe Arianny wanted the contents to be a surprise and a reason to actually buy the magazine.

Post #9   10/9/10 5:09:54PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

and a reason to actually buy the magazine.

This is the reason for copyright.

I understand why she is upset and don't blame her. People like Rogan say that you can't stop the internet, but I wonder if he would keep saying it if it started hurting his incoming paycheques.

It is true that **** happens on the net, but it doesn't mean that everyone has to accept it with a smile.

Post #10   10/9/10 6:12:32PM   

zxandu

MMA Regular

zxandu Avatar

Career:258-224
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
When did she come out in that magazine? This month? I've been a subscriber to that magazine for over 3 years and she didn't come out in this last past month. Here in California, Sasha Grey was in that mag.

Post #11   10/9/10 7:34:53PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

People like Rogan say that you can't stop the internet, but I wonder if he would keep saying it if it started hurting his incoming paycheques.

I think he says it because he believes it to be true...I'm not sure why it impacting his income would change his opinion on the matter.

Post #12   10/9/10 10:20:58PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Rush

People like Rogan say that you can't stop the internet, but I wonder if he would keep saying it if it started hurting his incoming paycheques.

I think he says it because he believes it to be true...I'm not sure why it impacting his income would change his opinion on the matter.

Well I meant his nonchalant attitude towards it.

It's like, "oh so and so is stealing from some other company, oh well it happens", but if that person worked for that company and lost their job or got their hours cut as a result of said theft, I don't think they would be so indifferent.

What I was saying is that Rogan always makes that comment during a discussion regarding copyright infringement of UFC PPVs. He seems indifferent as long as he keeps getting paid for his work.

Do you think that if it were one of Rogan's stand up shows or something that he gets a percentage of the sales, that he would say "you can't stop the internet" during a similar talk about not copying one of his shows? Or if the UFC cut his salary to compensate for lost PPV revenue? I don't think he would be so openly indifferent.

Personally, I think him saying it on the broadcast is a slap to the face of his employer, whether it is objectively true or not.

Post #13   10/9/10 11:28:03PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Rush

Well I meant his nonchalant attitude towards it.

It's like, "oh so and so is stealing from some other company, oh well it happens", but if that person worked for that company and lost their job or got their hours cut as a result of said theft, I don't think they would be so indifferent.

What I was saying is that Rogan always makes that comment during a discussion regarding copyright infringement of UFC PPVs. He seems indifferent as long as he keeps getting paid for his work.

Do you think that if it were one of Rogan's stand up shows or something that he gets a percentage of the sales, that he would say "you can't stop the internet" during a similar talk about not copying one of his shows? Or if the UFC cut his salary to compensate for lost PPV revenue? I don't think he would be so openly indifferent.

Personally, I think him saying it on the broadcast is a slap to the face of his employer, whether it is objectively true or not.

He's talked about people putting his content on youtube from shows on several occasions. He doesn't like it mainly for reasons other than financial...however, he does understand that he'll never be able to stop it, so he doesn't let it get under his skin too much. He just knows certain things are inevitable...and that's what I hear in his voice when he says it. He's actually talked about the two hand in hand on his podcasts probably dozens of times at this point...and his opinion hasn't wavered yet.

Post #14   10/10/10 1:15:11AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,427-1,358
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
What puzzles me is that Arianni says that CP should expect a Cease and Desist letter from the UFC. What do they have to do with this? Her lawyer and most importantly Playboy should have a problem but its not like it was a UFC mag. Even she isn't really hurt by them being released a little early its not like she wasn't paid for the shoot already. I doubt they get a cut of magazine sales. The only people who got hurt in this is Playboy and they don't seem to be taking it as seriously as the UFC or Arianni herself.

Anyone who saw the pics knows it won't hurt magazine sales, it was literally photos taken of the magazine itself with glare from a bad photographer. Maybe they hope all the "controversy" will sell a few extra copies, its not like its been a good few years for Playboy.

Post #15   10/10/10 1:37:49PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2