Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Strikeforce's Tyron Woodley Plots 'Dominant' Win, Contender Status

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Tyron Woodley is a man with a double life.

By day, he's an anonymous full-time student chasing a Master's degree in public administration from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. By night, he is an undefeated rising star in the Strikeforce welterweight division.

It's a scenario that inevitably lends itself to the occasional distraction.

"Sometimes I'm in class thinking, 'I'm ready to go. I've been here for three hours and I need to get out of here,'" he said. "My classmates are debating public policy or budget reform or insurance issues, and all I'm thinking about is punching somebody in the face."

Yet the 28-year-old Woodley is equally passionate about both of his goals with the same hope of inspiring the younger generation.

LINK

Post #1   10/6/10 12:25:51PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Tyron's an awesome guy. Chatted with him a few times, he's a really genuine person. I hope he takes it to Galvao, and I see no reason he won't.

Post #2   10/6/10 12:44:21PM