Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Despite resisting "ghetto bloodlust" urges, WEC's Torres still a work in progress

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
BROOMFIELD, Colo. – Despite earning a convincing win over Charlie Valencia at Thursday's WEC 51 event, Miguel Torres (38-3 MMA, 6-2 WEC) sat down at the evening's post-event press conference looking like someone had just stolen his lunch money.

Torres' second-round TKO victory came under must-win circumstances, and the result snapped the first-ever two-fight skid of the former bantamweight champion's lengthy career.

But for Torres, the win was just a small step along a lengthy path back to the top of the 135-pound division, and the time for celebration will come much later.

LINK

Post #1   10/1/10 8:25:42AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Hahahaha "ghetto bloodlust."

He looked good last night though, he looked much more composed, and I think he's on his way back to retaining that belt, though he doesn't want to think about that right now. Fighters have rough patches, and they use that to find themselves.

Post #2   10/1/10 9:04:53AM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I love this guy and I'm glad he's at least started to mix up his training. We see it so often, that loyalty to a particular gym or location will cause even the best fighter's skills to stagnate.

They're at their best when they can keep moving on to other top gyms to learn new stuff. Since we're talking about Tristar here, it might soon be time for GSP to find a new home for training. Zahabi still has more to teach him, but he'd likely learn much faster if he, say, spent a year or two at Sityodtong or Nova Uniao.

There are other camps, of course, like he might be a good fit at Universidad de Luta or Roufusport as well. Point is that I'm happy Torres is making adjustments and won the right way. I want to keep seeing this guy fight.

Post #3   10/1/10 8:52:07PM