Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Arlovski Tweets That He's Out of K-1

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When K-1 announced the pairings for Saturday's Final 16 event, it made a special point of emphasizing the presence of former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski.

So much for that.

Although his fight with Raul Catinas has been announced as happening in less than four days, Arlovski wrote on Twitter that he is not going to be there.

"I would like to confirm that I am not participating in the K-1 on October 2nd," Arlovski tweeted on Tuesday evening.

LINK

Post #1   9/29/10 9:34:40AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
How much money does a guy who's lost 3 in a row and hasn't won a "relevant" fight since 2005 want?

Post #2   9/29/10 10:10:34AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

How much money does a guy who's lost 3 in a row and hasn't won a "relevant" fight since 2005 want?

Going by what Arlovski's manager said K-1 apparently have a set budget and almost all of it was taken up by the guys they already have. Their was worry over their ability to pay the fighters brought in from outside and after talking both parties agreed to walk away for the time being but remain in talks for the future.

Arlovski can command a higher pay check because he is one of the most recognizable guys in MMA to the casual fan. Pretty much every guy I speak to about MMA knows Chuck, Rampage, Randy, "The guy with the fangs" (Arlovski), "The black guy who just recks people"(Andreson Silva) and thats about it.

Again since 2005 he's beaten Werdum, Rothwell and Nelson which are notable wins. Put on a striking class before getting KO'd by Fedor, which again the casual fan was a lucky punch, and then had a exciting fight with Silva in his last fight after more than a year off.
The guy is underrated by most people and is still defiantly a top 15 HW fighter.

Last edited 9/29/10 11:17AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   9/29/10 11:16:39AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Going by what Arlovski's manager said K-1 apparently have a set budget and almost all of it was taken up by the guys they already have. Their was worry over their ability to pay the fighters brought in from outside and after talking both parties agreed to walk away for the time being but remain in talks for the future.

Arlovski can command a higher pay check because he is one of the most recognizable guys in MMA to the casual fan. Pretty much every guy I speak to about MMA knows Chuck, Rampage, Randy, "The guy with the fangs" (Arlovski), "The black guy who just recks people"(Andreson Silva) and thats about it.

Again since 2005 he's beaten Werdum, Rothwell and Nelson which are notable wins. Put on a striking class before getting KO'd by Fedor, which again the casual fan was a lucky punch, and then had a exciting fight with Silva in his last fight after more than a year off.
The guy is underrated by most people and is still defiantly a top 15 HW fighter.

I thought the "black guy who wrecked people" was Hector Lombard

That makes total sense, props if they're available.

Post #4   9/29/10 11:21:49AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I thought the "black guy who wrecked people" was Hector Lombard

Haha good point!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   9/29/10 11:29:45AM   

Mackavelli

MMA Regular

Mackavelli Avatar

Career:1,439-744
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Im really disappointed, I was really looking forward to this fight.

Post #6   9/29/10 3:12:24PM