Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Re-signs Stefan Struve

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
6'11" skyscraper Stefan Struve has signed a new 4-fight deal with UFC. His management team announecd the deal today but terms were not disclosed. Struve is 4-2 so far in UFC, losing his UFC debut to Junior Dos Santos but going 4-1 since with the only loss in that stretch being to Roy Nelson.

Article

Post #1   9/28/10 4:20:21PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Kid has a great future.

Post #2   9/28/10 5:20:03PM   

Wand_is_GOD

MMA Regular

Wand_is_GOD Avatar

Career:97-61
Chips:
I am not a fan of him but I do respect him he is one tough SOB

Post #3   9/28/10 5:26:38PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
quickly becoming a fan and cant wait to see his next fight. The kid brings it! his style doesnt lend itself to having a long career but he has a lot of great fights in his future.

Post #4   9/28/10 7:43:37PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,954-1,208
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I am still yet to be impressed by him. He seems too slow...he has a lot of potential and still so young to grow, but right now I'm not impressed.

And to me, signed XX amount of fight deals mean nothing cuz it seems no matter what, Dana will cut them if need be

Post #5   9/28/10 8:25:40PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by RearNakedJoke

quickly becoming a fan and cant wait to see his next fight. The kid brings it! his style doesnt lend itself to having a long career but he has a lot of great fights in his future.

He's another Timmy or Schilt. Slow and easy to take down because height equals slow and uncoordinated. But he's mean and has decent BJJ.

Post #6   9/28/10 10:45:26PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Posted by RearNakedJoke

He's another Timmy or Schilt. Slow and easy to take down because height equals slow and uncoordinated. But he's mean and has decent BJJ.

I don't think height equals slow and uncoordinated. To be sure there are a lot of guys that's true for. I would say that about 6'7 or 6'8 athleticism starts to drop off. But there are plenty of exceptions playing in the NBA right now and it's just a matter of time before a guy with GSP athleticism and struve/silvia/schlit height makes his way to the UFC. Mark my words that will be a man to be reckoned with.

Post #7   9/28/10 11:52:37PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by seanfu

Posted by RearNakedJoke

I don't think height equals slow and uncoordinated. To be sure there are a lot of guys that's true for. I would say that about 6'7 or 6'8 athleticism starts to drop off. But there are plenty of exceptions playing in the NBA right now and it's just a matter of time before a guy with GSP athleticism and struve/silvia/schlit height makes his way to the UFC. Mark my words that will be a man to be reckoned with.

If there was no weight cap Schilt would be a force in mma right now.

Post #8   9/29/10 12:20:01AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by seanfu

Posted by RearNakedJoke

If there was no weight cap Schilt would be a force in mma right now.

He fought in pride and we saw what happened. I don't think extreme height will ever be dominant championship quality. A short stocky grappler will usually be able to lnp or mount and put out a lanky guy.

In the past I think height mattered like that but not now. Struve would have to be able to sub from his back because a LOT of guys could take him down.

Post #9   9/29/10 4:00:07PM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:906-530
Chips:
Exciting fighter and is tough to stop. His double underhook style of guard play makes him a lot easier to GNP though.

Also, he has about a mile long reach and no jab.

Needs much improvement but has an exciting style for sure. Hasnt defeated great competition, but is a solid UFC HW fighter. Not sure who he will be matched up with next.

Post #10   9/29/10 5:45:30PM