Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC middleweight Chael Sonnen withdraws from scheduled "MMA Live" appearance

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC middleweight Chael Sonnen won't break his silence just yet.

Sonnen has been understandably quiet since reports first surfaced that he failed a California State Athletic Commission-administered drug test prior to his impressive challenge of Anderson Silva's title at August's UFC 117 event.

On Tuesday, "MMA Live" host Jon Anik Tweeted that Sonnen would appear on the ESPN2-broadcast show to address the situation. Today, Anik told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that would no longer be the case.

"I regret to inform you that Chael Sonnen will actually not be on the show tonight," Anik said. "Unable to join us. I hate to have to tell you guys that."

LINK

Post #1   9/23/10 4:37:10PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Chips:
Bummer...was looking forward to this episode.

Post #2   9/23/10 4:41:11PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
What's the matter? Losing and steroids got his tongue?

Post #3   9/23/10 7:55:25PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
He is just taking the best legal advice affordable.....

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #4   9/23/10 8:09:17PM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
since sonnen admitted before the fight that he would fail. the ufc must have known? isnt that fighter endangerment, silva may have been badly hurt...
these guys need unions or a unified federation.
seems like ufc just tryin to sell tickets

Last edited 9/23/10 10:22PM server time by submissionartist1
Edit note/reason: more ppv buys

Post #5   9/23/10 10:19:40PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
THis doesn't surprize me. I was shocked that he was going to talk this soon after he got popped.

Not much to look forward to anyways. He'll just deny it....

Just like he never said Lance armstrong gave himself cancer...

Just like when he did an extended interview with Ariel Helwani saying his Twitter was "sonnench", tweeted "Ed, pray to whatever effigy you and your savage tribe of pigmies prance and dance around a fire to that I decide not to CRUCIFY you", and then when he got in hot water for it said "i don't have a Twitter".

Everyone seems to forget: Chael is a Politician, a republican no less. He's a professional Liar. He's gonna deny this or make an excuse even though it's probably an open and shut case.

Best case senario: He'll come back in a year, win a couple decisions, and try to get a rematch then. Until then, I'm looking forward to Silva/Belfort!

Post #6   9/23/10 10:54:23PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

since sonnen admitted before the fight that he would fail. the ufc must have known? isnt that fighter endangerment, silva may have been badly hurt...

That is an interesting problem....he did in fact tell the CSAC Executive director George Dodd, where was the breakdown I wonder?

Post #7   9/23/10 11:15:07PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,376-1,419
Chips:
is MR CHAEL SONNEN actually gone THINK bout what he's gone say before sayin it..come on big man..say what u gotta say, instead of hidin behind ur manager..but it doesn't matter what u say Mr. Sonnen..cause CSAC's suspension is still gone be up to 8 month to a year..once again u deserve what ur gettin for what u said bout Lance Armstrong..karma a b*tch ain't it...

Last edited 9/24/10 1:00AM server time by rhythmandstyle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   9/24/10 12:56:40AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by ChokeUout
Everyone seems to forget: Chael is a Politician, a republican no less. He's a professional Liar.

Just gotta say, I found that rather politically biased and offensive. I'm not a strong republican supporter, but to imply that republicans some how lie more often than democrats is both one sided and untrue.

Anyway, for Sonnen the silence continues...

Last edited 9/24/10 2:38AM server time by bjj1605
Edit note/reason: changed Bold emphasis

Post #9   9/24/10 2:38:02AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by ChokeUout
Everyone seems to forget: Chael is a Politician, a republican no less. He's a professional Liar.

Just gotta say, I found that rather politically biased and offensive. I'm not a strong republican supporter, but to imply that republicans some how lie more often than democrats is both one sided and untrue.

No offence intended ther at all. I am not a member of either party, nor do I have ill will toward the republican party. It was tongue in cheek, and more of a joke than anything. If he was democrat, i'd have made a similar comment. More of a comment on the politician part of it than a party side. A subliminal hint about politicans lying.

If that offended anyone, my aplogies, that was not my intent. Purely sarcasm, nothing else. If it's deemed necessary by a mod, delete it.

That being said, I STILL think he'll deny it like he's denied all his other controversies (like a politician would, all i'm saying, subliminal humor), such as Lance and Ed soares.

Post #10   9/24/10 4:29:03AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

Barking up the wrong tree...the CSAC would be responsible for that.

Post #11   9/24/10 8:28:05AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by ChokeUout

Why would you feel offended because he feels republican politicians are liars? Maybe he has a legitimate opinion. He didn't insult anyone's cultural or racial background. Politics are there for social commentary.

As for Sonnen, I almost want to feel bad for this guy because he clearly has worked so hard to get where he is, steroids or not, but after all the disrespect and unprofessional behavior he displayed, I can't.

Post #12   9/24/10 8:45:10AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
And this my friends is why political discussions have been banned from the forums

Post #13   9/24/10 10:13:25AM