Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Commission: Filipovic Already Examined, Initially Cleared for Saturday

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Indiana State Athletic Commission Director Andy Means said Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic has already been examined and initially cleared by a commission-approved physician for his headlining bout against Frank Mir at UFC 119 Saturday at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Ind.

On Friday, Croatian news site Index.hr reported that the 36-year-old striker had injured his eye during a final training session in his homeland and couldn’t get clearance from a physician to leave the country for the U.S., thus putting the main-event bout in jeopardy.

Filipovic himself eventually confirmed the injury with local press as he boarded his plane for the States. Wearing sunglasses, the former Croatian Parliament member said he wouldn’t withdraw from the bout despite the injury. The 2006 Pride Fighting Championships Open-Weight grand prix champion reportedly arrived in the U.S., on Sunday.

“The UFC informed me this afternoon that Cro Cop saw the ophthalmologist today in Indianapolis and that he was cleared to fight. I anticipate seeing the results soon but all indications are that this is a non-issue,” wrote Means in an email to Sherdog.com on Monday. “He will just have to undergo the same pre-fight physical as the other 21 fighters this weekend before the event.“

Link

Post #1   9/21/10 4:35:06PM   

Wand_is_GOD

MMA Regular

Wand_is_GOD Avatar

Career:97-61
Chips:
Thank you :D now we need some news on Wandy's next fight

Post #2   9/21/10 6:02:47PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Great news. Now hopefully he can KO Mir so he will stop runnin his mouth. So much garbage comes out of his word hole. Drives me crazy

Last edited 9/21/10 7:19PM server time by teddythetuna
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   9/21/10 7:18:16PM