Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chael Sonnen To Appeal Failed Steroids Test

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Duh, I guess? But according to his manager, Mike Roberts, of course they're going to appeal the post-UFC 117 drug test result. Just don't expect comments from them. "It is our policy not to comment on pending actions by the Athletic Commission. Chael is consulting with his legal advisors and physicians and will have a statement in the near future. Chael will file an appeal with the CSAC and looks forward to working with the Commission to resolve this matter." The appeal will be heard on December 2.

Article

Last edited 9/21/10 2:10PM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: Typos

Post #1   9/21/10 2:10:29PM   

thefyn

Learning to Sprawl

Career:197-143
Camp: Crucible Fighting Systems
Chips:
I don't know what I would rather see. A Silva rematch, or Sonnen talking his way out of these allegations..

When he is on a roll, it's a beautiful beautiful thing.

I swear he took them just to add to his notoriety and place the Pantomime Villain crown firmly on his head.

I think I would pay good money to see a Jessie Taylor vs Sonnen debate.

Mouth breather vs motor mouth.

Post #2   9/21/10 2:24:39PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by thefyn

I don't know what I would rather see. A Silva rematch, or Sonnen talking his way out of these allegations..

When he is on a roll, it's a beautiful beautiful thing.

I swear he took them just to add to his notoriety and place the Pantomime Villain crown firmly on his head.

I think I would pay good money to see a Jessie Taylor vs Sonnen debate.

Mouth breather vs motor mouth.

He took them to cheat. A beautiful thing is a fair fight.

Post #3   9/21/10 4:00:07PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Appealing is good, if you have at least a shred of evidence to help your case. Unfortunately the burden of proof is now on the fighter as the commission already has a pretty rock solid piece of scientific evidence proving their side of the story. This is why Sean Sherk's plea of innocence was left largely unheard by the community who follows the sport, that and the fact that most unfit people can't believe that the human body can look like Sherk's without cheating .
Also realize that he told the commission that he had been using PEDs prior to the fight to begin with.....I think he is screwed for a while.

Post #4   9/21/10 5:55:27PM