Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Carlos Condit Is Going To have Trouble Clearing Customs After Dan Hardy's Through With Him At UFC 120

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
So says Hardy in his latest round of trash talk. "Condit says it was 'nothing personal' when he went to the UFC and demanded a fight with me. It was, he said, purely business. No, Carlos. Calling me out, asking to fight me by name, does make it very personal. To go the UFC and say you want to fight someone in particular is to say: 'I can beat this guy, no problem, and further my career.' How can you not expect that to be taken personally? But this is very personal to me now. I am going to put a real beating on this guy. When he gets his flight back to the US, he will have trouble clearing customs because he will look nothing like his passport photo. Carlos is training with Greg Jackson, who no doubt is going to try and put another 'safety first' game plan together. He encourages his guys to take the low-risk route, which usually turns out to be quite strategic and a little boring. That will mess up Condit's natural instincts. I just don't think that a Greg Jackson game plan is suitable for Condit's style of fighting or his mentality as a fighter. Condit is called 'the Natural Born Killer' with reason and as soon as I drop him a couple of times, he will revert to his instincts and try to fight fire with fire. Carlos has got a lot of heart, no doubt about that. He will give everything he's got. But all of what he's got isn't just enough."

Article

Post #1   9/21/10 8:00:30AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Another quality interview with Hardy. The guy is gold when he talks. I like he and Condit both, and I agree with him about Condit not being suited for one of Greg Jackson's "safety first" gameplans. This fight has all the makings of a war, but I think Hardy has a better skill-set.

Post #2   9/21/10 10:15:00AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
Hardy is nowhere near the grappler that Condit is. Condit has fought and defeated fighters who are better than Hardy.

Post #3   9/21/10 11:05:18AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Hardy is nowhere near the grappler that Condit is. Condit has fought and defeated fighters who are better than Hardy.

Who has Carlos defeated that is better than Dan Hardy? I wouldn't say Larson, Ellenberger, MacDonald, Takaya, etc are better than Dan Hardy. And mind you, Dan Hardy withstood five rounds with the best grappler in the division.

Post #4   9/21/10 11:07:42AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Hardy definitely hits harder but Condit is good on the ground and i dont suspect he would do the same as GSP and not break one of Hardy's limbs if he doesnt tap. Its gonna be KO for Hardy or Sub for Condit. I havent decided which way to lean yet.

Post #5   9/21/10 11:09:55AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
LOL @ Hardy. I like the guy, but I highly doubt Condit was trying to disrespect him by calling him out. Condit has made no secret of the fact that he likes getting into wars. He figured he could get into a war with Hardy. That's all there is to it IMO.

Post #6   9/21/10 11:39:07AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
I too enjoy WW....... I mean north american mma....

Post #7   9/21/10 1:09:24PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:
This is going to be an amazing fight, but I'd have to lean towards carlos. He's shown he can take a hit and react well, and Hardy hasn't shown me at all that he can defend from someone with subs like carlos. You'll mention GSP, of course, and conveniently forget that gsp has gone to decision in three of his last four, and that he only stopped an out of shape penn. GSP is a better grappler, but he doesn't have a killer instinct. If you think he does for a second, I'd advise you to watch some of his fights again, if you have 3 hours to spare.

Post #8   9/21/10 2:28:42PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
"To go the UFC and say you want to fight someone in particular is to say: 'I can beat this guy, no problem, and further my career.' How can you not expect that to be taken personally?"

Well it also must mean that he thinks you're a good enough and high enough ranked opponent that beating you WOULD further his career, so isn't that also kind of a compliment? Also, I think in the world of fighting a lot of "calling out" that isn't based on bad blood is a result of guys wanting to fight tough guys to test themselves, not that they want to fight someone they're positive they can beat. I'm sure everyone who calls Fedor out doesn't believe that they can easily beat him to further their career, they think he's the baddest ass ************ on the planet and that if they can beat him it makes them one of the best if not the best.

That being said I doubt Hardy really is upset or takes it personally. I'd be willing to bet that he's just using it as an excuse to get his pre-fight hype going full blast.

Post #9   9/21/10 2:41:19PM