Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

CSAC News: Sakuraba vs. Royce

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

Royce Gracie vs. Kazushi Sakuraba is tentatively scheduled for the June 2 Elite XC/K-1 show at the Los Angles Forum provided that Sakuraba passes his upcoming health exams. Sakuraba was diagnosed with vertebrobasilar damage last year after he collapsed during a training session. The CSAC wants to make 100% sure that Sakuraba is completely healthy for the bout and will only be accepting medicals from the United States in this case.

Also scheduled for the show will be Brock Lesnar vs. Hong Man Choi in Lesnar's debut MMA match.

Post #1   4/21/07 10:41:48AM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

To newer MMA fans, it's not a big deal, but to old MMA fans, the prospect of a rematch between Kazushi Sakuraba and Royce Gracie is a big deal. Apparently, the rematch could take place in June according to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer.

Here's what it says on the Observer web site:

"Arguably the most famous match in MMA history, Royce Gracie vs. Kazushi Sakuraba, held on May 1, 2000, at the Tokyo Dome, is likely to be rematched on 6/2 as part of the Los Angeles Coliseum combined K-1 Hero's and EXC show. The match is not official, but both sides have agreed and it has been put for to the California State Athletic Commission for approval. Sakuraba won the original no time limit match in 90 minutes, in the match that pretty made Sakuraba a national hero in Japan."

Post #2   4/21/07 10:48:07AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
wow !!! what a match! and its only 15 minutes away from my houseeeeeee

/ i'll be there for sure
//really excited

Post #3   4/21/07 11:06:07AM   

Sopena66669

MMA Regular

Career:30-7
Chips:
Sakuraba needs to stop fighting before he dies in the ring... He is probably going to be Royce's ass again there is really no point in having this fight in my opinion... But i cant wait to see what Brock can do... Although i dont think he should have much of a problem with taking down the giant, only time will tell though

Post #4   4/23/07 11:58:34PM